Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other aircraft

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Users Local time
Today 3:12 AM
I have created a poll.
What aircraft do you want in fse in Europe for Air Child?

Hi, I would rather opt for alternative aircrafts to the one in the poll:

For a 6 seater (5 PAX net), I'd go for a Bonanza instead of the Baron - it's only slightly slower, but far cheaper (maintenance and fuel). I do own a Baron privately in FSE, and it's a really thirsty beast (28 GPH fuel consumption, compared to 12 for the F33 or V35 Bonanza...)

The other Cessnas are quite small - with only 3 PAX net, it's hard to really earn some money. In that respect, small turboprops like the C208 or the Quest Kodiak are much better cash generators (or even a PC-12, but that one's quite expensive).

However, we already have leased a C208 in SOCAL, and a Beechcraft Duke (very similar to the Baron) in Europe (currently located in LROP). The Duke hasn't been used for a very long time, seems to be a not so popular model.

If there's interest in flying a Baron or a C172, I could cheaply lease those aircrafts to ACH for a month or two, so we can test them (I own them privately, and I'm more or less speaking about the monthly ownership fee that needs being paid to FSE). Both aircrafts are currently located in British Columbia, but that's not a too far ferry to SOCAL :wink:

Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
what about a Falcon 7x ? :) fast can carry over 12000 kg

... and has a track record for creating bad losses in our flight log :wink: (due to its high operating cost)

Maybe we need to take into account whether good aircraft models are available. I can't speak for FSX and P3D here, so leave that part to you. For XP, really good models in that range are rather rare... There's a good DC-3, but without GPS, and a quite good LET L-410 UVP-E (freeware). For the Cessnas and Beechcrafts, there are relatively decent Carenado models available, as well as for the PC-12. There's a superb DC-6B from PMDG (but rather impossible to operate with economical success in FSE), and a relatively good Eclipse 550 model. For the Falcon 7x, there's a model originally developed for XP9, ported to XP10 - but unfortunately its creator never finished development...

Back
Top Bottom