Real world UNICEF liveries discovered

Barthe Hogenboom

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 4:45 PM

[imgpop]https://airwaysmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/22869094614_4c4af86df9_b.jpg[/imgpop]
I'm tempted to say "For our new paint scheme we've got a tail now" I mean what's better in simulation than simulating the real thing? Our old paint might even look better but nothing beats the real thing in my opinion. And it might be easier to paint.
[imgpop]https://airwaysmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Norwegian_Boeing_737-300_Unicef-1-1024x708.jpg[/imgpop]
I only focus on the tail, that children's painting is beautiful, but that's a one-off. (And that would take forever to paint).

"Unite for children" becomes "Fly for children" in the same font. (Maybe look for an open-source font that's very similar). And the tail still has room for that new logo when it comes out...

I think I'll experiment a bit with this. Norwegian's nose cone might solve the blank nose problem. We use orange in our current scheme too. And combined with Jesco's dark blue stripe with gold it might become a nice, easier to do, paint.

new logo ?

[img_size width=250]http://www.air-child.com/images/Air-Child_new_logo.png[/img_size]

checked :pilot:

As far as I know we are not allowed to use the official unicef logo due to copyright restrictions. Thats the last information I got from Norbert and Peter, I will be contacting Unicef Germany tomorrow to see if there is a way for us to gain permission to use the unicef logo. I will keep you posted

Btw here is the actual 787 Paint Scheme Norwegian used on the Aid Flight to Djibouti
[imgpop]https://img.planespotters.net/photo/783000/original/g-cklz-norwegian-air-uk-boeing-787-9-dreamliner_PlanespottersNet_783579.jpg?t=1503984641[/imgpop]

As far as I know we are not allowed to use the official unicef logo due to copyright restrictions.
If they don't give permission we could just put our new logo instead. Nobody can copyright a blue tail...

I like the new logo. On the blue tail the logo should be inverted to be visible(white on blue). I guess that's OK?

Is there already a high res version of the logo available for painting?

I did some work on Nana Mouskouri today. It's a tough job because of the minimal paintkit and the lousy layout of the texture. When that's finished I'll start experimenting with this blue tail on an airliner. Possibly 707 because there's no 707 paint yet.

The goal is to have an easier to do paint scheme that relates a bit more to real world planes. Easier so people with limited time can do some paints because I don't own all the models.

We'll just have OC(Old Colour) and NC(New Colour) paints for the airliners for a while. Just like real airlines do their transition, only slower. ;)

Christopher Bennett said:
As far as I know we are not allowed to use the official unicef logo due to copyright restrictions. Thats the last information I got from Norbert and Peter, I will be contacting Unicef Germany tomorrow to see if there is a way for us to gain permission to use the unicef logo. I will keep you posted

Thats right Christopher. UNICEF by itself dosn't hold the right of it's logo. They have sold it to an agency, which sells the rights to companies. That's my last information. But maybe it has changed. So it's a good idea to ask again.

Best Regards
Norbert

Email sent to HQ in New York and also have the marketing Managers name and number in Cologne will call her Monday. Now the waiting game starts.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel XL mit Tapatalk

Little update.

I spoke to UNICEF Germany's marketing director. UNICEF manages the logo again however we will not be permitted to use it as they are very restrictive about its use. easyJet and Norwegian are permitted the use of the logo to gather donations however they have paid 120 Million £ prior to being allowed to use the UNICEF logo. As we do not have that kind of cash in our expense account we will have to do without the use of the UNICEF logo.

I find that very sad but I can understand UNICEF trying to protect it's brand.

So we will have to come up with something else.

So we will have to come up with something else.
I'll just make something that looks like it with a blue tail and our own new logo instead of the UNICEF logo. I'm still puzzling in my mind about the nose of the plane. I'll make our own motto text on top of the windows like Norwegian has. It'll be something relatively simple so we can push out some NC versions of the mainstream airliners quite easily.

Do we already have a hr version of the logo for painting? Layers if possible...

I will get that to you by this weekend.

You can now fly the real world UNICEF 787, somebody painted it:
tds_boeing_787-9_norwegian_gcklz.zip on flightsim.com
FS2004/FSX Norwegian "UNICEF" Boeing 787-9. Textures only for the Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS) Boeing B787-9 (TDS789TRENT_BOEING_N789EX.ZIP) in Norwegian UNICEF partnership livery and G-CKLZ registration. Includes optional LN-LNS registration textures. By Ryan Gabuyo.
[imgpop]https://www.flightsim.com/images/fscfiles/v/tds_boeing_787-9_norwegian_gcklz-b1.jpg[/imgpop]

Back
Top Bottom