X-Plane 11.10 beta - fire away

Jesco Freund

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today, 03:28
Hello X-Plane pilots,

For those of you already using X-Plane 11, an important request from my side: unless you have a separate test installation for Beta versions, please do not upgrade to 11.10 beta right now. The reason behind: XP 11.10 brings a new plugin API, and is updated to v3.0 of the SDK (which was at 1.2 for the whole XP10 life cycle). With all these architectural changes, I have currently no evidence XACARS still works with this version. I intend to set up a test installation to verify and report back to you as soon as possible. If anyone else has already verified, please post your experience here.

Blue skies,
Jesco

Users Local time
Today, 02:28
Re: X-Plane 11.10 beta - hold your fire!

Hi Jesco,
thank you for this important information.
I inteded to install the beta during the next days, but now I will wait for your experience.
Thx

OP
Jesco Freund

Jesco Freund

Beta Team
Users Local time
Re: X-Plane 11.10 beta - hold your fire!

On Wednesday, Laminar has released 11.10b4, which according to Ben Supnik should fix some issues with plugins that use XPWidgets (like XACARS). I just launched the updater, and will try to log a flight with XACARS later that evening.

OP
Jesco Freund

Jesco Freund

Beta Team
Users Local time
OK, here comes the confirmation: XACARS 2.5.6 works fine with XP 11.10b4, so for those daring and curious enough to try a beta (and be warned, 11.10 is really beta currently, nowhere near a release candidate), you can at least log your attempts with ACH :wink:

Top Bottom