Simulation rate

Users Local time
Today 3:20 AM
Hello,

Are we allowed to fligh with a higher simulation rate than 1 in Air Child VA?

Thanks and best regards,

wim

Hi, Wim.

You're allowed to increase sim rate when you're flying off-line(XAcars only). When you're using a network(VATSIM, IVAO, FSEconomy) the rules of the network precede.

A search on our own forum told me you can use time compression on VATSIM but you have to tell ATC at the start of your flight.

Please, please look at your XAcars report before sending it. I've read mixed stories about XAcars handling time compression.

Of course using 2 airports in between 2 points and is also an option. Then you can simply skip the boring part in between.

I'm not aware of a rule forbidding time compression; however I would not recommend using it. The reason behind: the different simulator platforms handle it differently, and the ACARS plugins react differently to it. Seeing that we had plenty of issues in the past with incorrect PIREPs, I'd be cautious using any form of simulation rate tampering - be it FSX/P3D simulation speed, or one of X-Plane's time compression / ground speed increase (knowing for sure the latter one is not correctly captured by XACARS).

Back
Top Bottom