GDPR, EU privacy law

Barthe Hogenboom

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 3:04 AM
Hi, for some months now I'm feeling I should bring this up: .
After four years of preparation and debate the GDPR was finally approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016. Enforcement date: 25 May 2018 - at which time those organizations in non-compliance may face heavy fines.

A lot of small sports clubs and other non-profit organizations in my country are panicking about this right now. But it is for the whole EU so also for Germany where we're based.

Are we in compliance with this law? I've tried to read some of this EA legalese but I just can't understand it. As far as I understand it we should protect all user data, give users full info on what we're keeping. I don't know what we do on the marketing side. I guess sharing user data for the reduced prices at Aerosoft etc. might be part of this. And there's talk about a data liaison officer or something.

Do we have a member that has experience with this, a lawyer maybe?

IMHO Air Child is on the safe side with the consent to the processing of the personal data (real name, e-mail, birth dates) by the members. As far as I know pizza delivery services etc. handle this similarly. But I'm not a lawyer, maybe someone can explain that better.

In Germany this law carries the beautiful name "Datenschutzgrundverordnung" and causes some people (so called "Datenschutzbeauftragte") to sweat too :lol:

I am currently checking into this, but we should be ok with a few minor changes from what I understand. No member Data is actually submitted to Aerosoft for the Rebate's we only request x amount of codes via email and they reply to my email with the codes which I then input on the website and the codes get assigned to their respective requestors.

Back
Top Bottom