XP11 - FlightFactor A320-200

Users Local time
Today 11:19 AM
Hi,

I am new here and now already the first question :D
Currently I perform most of my flights with the FlightFactor A320-200. Is there any livery available for this plane?
I find some A320 liveries, but are those liveries are compatible with this jet?

Thank you and best regards
Dirk

Hi& welcome Dirk :!:

I think this is a question for Jesco but I also think he's away(basking in the sun somewhere? ;) ).
The last I saw from him about the XP A320 was this:
Got one copy for me. Eventuelly I will start making an ACH livery over the long week-end - given FF is providing me with a paint kit.

Notice that we're not repainting much at the moment as we're still working on the new logo. Tom Howlin is doing some XP paints. But it's not the A320 I believe.

Unfortunatey I don‘t yet own the a320, so I can‘t repaint it. If I purchase it in the future i‘ll be sure to upload a repaint to the thread :)

Hi Guys,

thanks for your answers. Okay, I will not lose my hope and often take a look in this board :)

Something different (Probably is it not so place for it, sorry):

I would like to take part in the charity-program of Air-Child. I wrote a mail to info[at]air-child.com but did not get a reply until now. Do you have infos for me, what I have to do to do something goot with flying around the world?

Best regards!
Dirk

Hi,
I would like to take part in the charity-program of Air-Child. I wrote a mail to info[at]air-child.com but did not get a reply until now. Do you have infos for me, what I have to do to do something goot with flying around the world?
Well, you already do something by flying. The sponsors give money to UNICEF for every flight. If you also want to become a sponsor you'll need Christopher. I haven't heard of him for some days. I hope it's just holiday.

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Well, you already do something by flying. The sponsors give money to UNICEF for every flight. If you also want to become a sponsor you'll need Christopher. I haven't heard of him for some days. I hope it's just holiday.

Thank you for this information. I will perform my flights and look forward to hear from Christopher :whistle:

More like lurking in the shadows because work is keeping me on tight schedules with 5 guys sick and 3 on holiday. Dirk i will get to you tomorrow and clue you in.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel XL mit Tapatalk

Hi guys, just chiming in on the livery topic above. Barthe was right (to some extend) - I spent a good long break away from home in the past few weeks. However, there were more reasons for me to be silent (one among them was me being ill for more than 5 months, and still recovering).

In the past, I was indeed working on a paint kit for the FF A320 - the makers don't provide one, as they're selling liveries and don't want to spoil their own business. So I took the tedious work of converting the blank textures into something you could paint on with PhotoShop, yet it's a slow process. The paint kit is more or less finished, but I put work on hold until we have the final design of the new logo.

As for now, I can't make any promise by when the new livery will be available; it depends on the logo and on my health. What I can promise though is that I will definitely finish the paint kit, and hand it to anyone in this community interested in making repaints.

Hi,
I spent a good long break away from home in the past few weeks
Good to hear.
being ill for more than 5 months
Not so good, I hope you'll soon be completely recovered. Taking some time away from home is also good for you. I can recommend gardening. I get free train and plane spotting in return. :cool:
the makers don't provide one, as they're selling liveries and don't want to spoil their own business
Just like with many freemiums for FSX, like the JF 757. Often there's not even a blank panit set and you have to take the most neutral looking paint to make it completely white or aluminum.

I'm still thinking about the new paint scheme. I think the blue tail ending in a triangle on the fuselage like Tom Howlin does is a nice start. You see a lot of RL paints like that. But there has to be something interesting on the rest of the plane that's not too complicated for novice painters(because I don't own all models). I tried a line under the windows but it looked to much like a '50s/'60s Lufthansa paint.

My repaints were never really intended to be “official” air child reprints, more as ideas for what we could include in a new livery design based on what’s current in the real world industry. The advantage of my repaints (and indeed most of the “eurowhite” real airline liveries of today!) is that they’re relatively simple to paint, which should hopefully mean more of our members can feel confident attempting repaints.

I’ve recently updated my 737-900 paint to include the blue triangle through the fuselage, I’ll upload some photos tomorrow of it. I’m still not sure the “air-child” on the tail is the best approach. I will have a look and see if the coloured children can be included in some way instead. The children are a more identifiable brand element, which is generally what tails are for!

Maybe a “livery ideas” thread would be useful, then everyone can pool ideas even if they’re not photoshop wizards.

eurowhite
Ah, that style even got a name.
I’ve recently updated my 737-900 paint to include the blue triangle through the fuselage, I’ll upload some photos tomorrow of it.
I'm looking forward to those.
I’m still not sure the “air-child” on the tail is the best approach. I will have a look and see if the coloured children can be included in some way instead.
The problem is that the new logo is different, at least the preview I saw. So it might be a waste of your time trying to match it with the tail.
I think the text on the tail, with a open-source font off-course, is quite good. Especially because the logo's colors would have to be inverted to be visible on the blue surface. So I'm thinking of placing the logo on the fuselage. With the added bonus that replacing it with the new logo would be a lot easier.

I was envisioning a plane completely covered with the same triangular blue and white shape (like a zebra) for a while but it would probably look like a dutch police car. ;) So I binned that plan.

I always like planes with arrows on them but it would probably look too dynamic and/or anachronistic for Air-Child.
[imgpop]http://www.baslerturbo.com/uploads/2/0/9/4/20945572/1373400849.jpg[/imgpop]

And we're not married to the paint, just like real airlines we could change it after a while.

So I just treated myself and bought the A320!!!

https://imgur.com/a/D59j4Nz

That's my current progress on repainting the bird. I'm happy to release it as-is if anyone's interested. What do you guys think of the experimental tail logo? I thought it looked quite good on this plane! :)

What do you guys think of the experimental tail logo?
It's completely different from what I cooked up but I really like it. It's actually a sort of modern version of the old logo. Sort of sharper looking. Maybe experiment a bit with a 3rd colour in the circle so the transition from blue to white isn't so harsh? Maybe a blur from blue to white, would that work?

I'm making a paint with, like I said, a cloud logo but I'm stuck a bit with my hand drawing figures. I made a good looking cartoon girl but the boy doesn't want to be drawn somehow. The idea is Pipi Longstocking playing football with her friends. It would go on the fuselage to make it less white. Still working on it, a bit frustrating. And I hate showing half work, it has to be finished first.

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Maybe experiment a bit with a 3rd colour in the circle so the transition from blue to white isn't so harsh? Maybe a blur from blue to white, would that work?

The logo as you see in that photo was just me quickly putting together some of the existing brand elements to see how they'd look. The whole livery took about 2 hours to make so it's a bit rough around the edges. I think I will try to use the green, red and yellow from the children as accent colours in the paint. I'm very short on free time at the moment though, need some time to let the creativity flow!

Hello Tom,
Tom Howlin said:
So I just treated myself and bought the A320!!!

https://imgur.com/a/D59j4Nz

That's my current progress on repainting the bird. I'm happy to release it as-is if anyone's interested. What do you guys think of the experimental tail logo? I thought it looked quite good on this plane! :)

quite an interesting paint job. I like the version with the playing kids on the vertical stabilizer. The one with the name looks just too dull to me, not worthy of our airline.

And I'm interested ;)

2 cts
Hans

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/47711-flightfactor-a320-air-child-virtual-airline/ Available here

Hey Tom,

I will add it to the hangar if you don't mind. I have been AWOL at the moment, our daughter Emilia decided to rush into this world a bit early so we are spending our days at the hospital until she can come home.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

Feel free! I'll post an update here as and when I update it.

Congratulations! Take all the time you need with your new baby! There's no stress at all with the uploads, it's always available on the x-plane forums in the meantime :)

Yes, congrats :!:

I'm still busy with my concept paint/logo. Worked on it last week but a bit of the flu stopped me for a few days.

Finally managed to get the blue on the fuselage to match the vertical stab like Tom does. It's not easy when the tail is on a separate texture. I had to restart FSX dozens of times to see if it's matching. I changed my mind a little and I think I make Pipi smaller, under the cockpit and see what the cloud logo does when it's large and transparent on the fuselage.

Back
Top Bottom