Network flying with X-Plane

Users Local time
Today 12:57 PM
I've used X-IvAp (IVAO and X-FlightServer) and XSquawkBox (VATSIM) but both tools are not good enough (they make my sim slow, they do not display good enough the planes, the movements of the planes and the altitudes). They have ONE plus: I can also "see" simmers using FSX, FS9 or other sims.
Looking for better solutions I've found "NetFlight" (http://netflight.sirbryan.com/NetFlight/NetFlight.html). It uses an own plugin for X-Plane 9 or 10, you must (gratis) sign up, and the display is really beautiful and FAST. It is only for X-Plane, but I think it is much better and friendly than X-IvAp or XSquawkBox. NetFlight has only text chat (fine to me... ;) I am almost theaf).
I want to test it with other Air-Child X-Plane-pilots. I don't know if NetFlight can use CLS's to display the planes and different liveries, but we can test and see.
Anyone? Let me know.

Hi Ricardo,
I'll receive X-Plane next week, so I'll can test with you soon ;)
Frederic.

That's fine. I do not want to take you down, but it will take longer. You need one week to learn the possibilities of X-Plane 10, and your new software is still a beta version (very unstable). I am back to X-Plane 9.70, because the version 10.04b4 gave me problems with the CRJ-200 of JRollon.
Anyway, we'll see. I have contact with the developper of NetFlight, and I think it can work fine. Of course, no ATC, only fly (solo or with a crew), but with beautiful displays, nice FPS en many possibilities to see what really is there.
See you,

Ricardo Rementería Troncoso said:
That's fine. I do not want to take you down, but it will take longer. You need one week to learn the possibilities of X-Plane 10, and your new software is still a beta version (very unstable). I am back to X-Plane 9.70, because the version 10.04b4 gave me problems with the CRJ-200 of JRollon.
Anyway, we'll see. I have contact with the developper of NetFlight, and I think it can work fine. Of course, no ATC, only fly (solo or with a crew), but with beautiful displays, nice FPS en many possibilities to see what really is there.
See you,

Ricardo,
Netflight does not use CSL!!! - it uses the planes which you have in your aircraft folder. Your partner has to have the same planes with the same names in his aircraft folder. Then and only if the subfolder and the aircraft names are identical you can see the partners plane and in full resolution. Best is create a "netflight" folder inside the aircraft folder and copy the planes you want to use into that folder - make sure that your partner hast the same "netflight" folder. You and your online partner only uses planes which are in the "netflight" folder - then you go. but on the netflight server you will see delays - better is if you want to go p2p (which is netflight) just use the xplane multiplayer mode tihs is much faster and as far as I saw without any delay - the prinzip of the "netflight" folder is the same.
Tom

Well,

Yesterday, Ricardo and me, did a flight with NetFlight with X-Plane both flavours: he 64-bits, me 32-bits.

It seems that works without flaws and fast enough. The flight was with a lot of mountains peaks and a lot of clouds. It performs at some 25-30 fps on my system. I don't take any photo but you are able to see perfectly well the planes around you at near distances and on the airports are a great pleasure. :rofl:

The only problem I saw was that the distance in that you are able to see the other aircraft is too short ... maybe 1 or 2 miles no more. Ok that we fly with small Cessnas 172, but the strobes and lights must be seen more far.

More test flights to come ... if anyone wants to try, we can put the dates of group flights.

Bye (and sorry about my american-indian english ... :oops: )

Another, very interesting possibility, is the use of the ATC from X-Plane in combination (at the same time) with NetFlight (groups flight).
This is not possible when you use X-IvAp (IVAO and X-FlightServer) or XSquawkbox (VATSIM).

:fly:

EDIT: WOW!!! X-Plane's ATC took me all the flight from SCIM (Isla Mocha) to the correct parking in SCIE (Carriel Sur in Concepción), without any problems, and connected to the network of NetFlight. ;) :clap:
[imgpop]http://www.remen.nl/XPlane/Screenshots/C172SPscie.jpg[/imgpop]

Do you know how to use the X-plane ATC!!! ... I never use it or even know if I have it activate ... :?

At first was a total crap, wasn't it?

[EDITED: just discovered]

Bye

Hello,

yesterday I logged to Netflight and met two pilots from Germany on one runway, but at first I couldn't see them. I had to change my settings because at the beggining my FPS dropped to 6!
Then we had some short VFR flights in BE58. We should use TeamSpeak next time rather than text:)
At a ground those planes acted very strange and I don't know how to fix this problem....

(I wanted to add a pic but I don't know how...)

Hello Marcin,
Marcin Riege said:

here are some image and video posting tips:
http://www.air-child.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=143

Best Regards
Norbert

Marcin Riege said:
Hello,

yesterday I logged to Netflight and met two pilots from Germany on one runway, but at first I couldn't see them. I had to change my settings because at the beggining my FPS dropped to 6!

Then we had some short VFR flights in BE58. We should use TeamSpeak next time rather than text:)
At a ground those planes acted very strange and I don't know how to fix this problem....

Of course assumed you use HD planes like Carenado etc. your machine had to render it 3 times. Your and your friends internet connection must be fast and stable and the ports have to be open not restricted in any way. Is your router set correctly? I used XP9 with a friend flying with this plugin. But no more.
Tom

Well,
I spent some time and improve FPS by checking team in aircraft&situations setting.

Question about TeamSpeak:
do we have one for Air-Child?
I have made settings according to manual but no server...:(

About teamspeak. We had a teamspeak server, before we changed the server. Now we do not have it anymore. Question is, who will pay for a new channel for several pilots? How many channels we need. Anybody who is willing to share his TS server with ACH is very welcome. In the moment we do not discuss a new ACH TS server.
thnx Tom

Back
Top Bottom