Airplane requests [summary] Apr 02, 2014

Users Local time
Today 11:14 PM
Updated: Apr 2, 2014.

Here is list of all requests for adding new airplane from Hangar area in forums excluding already added airplanes...
List contain diffrent models of planes that are already in our hangar. For example we have 777-200, but we want also to have 777-300, so 773 is on list here.

I suggest to post new airplane request posts in this topic - 1st post will be updated from time to time.
  • Airbus A318
    • on Jan 28, 2011 by Szymon Kurzacz.
  • BAe Jetstream 4100
    • on Apr 26, 2011 by Jan Kremmel.
    • on Mar 22, 2014 by Per Ljung.
    • Status: "I can't tell now if this will take 6 months or 10."
  • Beechcraft Baron
    • on Feb 12, 2012 by Frank Kunath.
  • Boeing 727
    • on Sep 03, 2009 by Matej Sagmeister.
    • on Dec 22, 2012 by Jan Betlach.
    • Request 3 on Aug 07, 2013 by Perez Santos Eduardo (in this topic).
    • Status: unknown, airplane seen in hangar as repaint for private use.
  • Boeing 777-300
    • on Apr 09, 2010 by Genno Songcayawon.
  • Boeing 787
    • on Oct 29, 2010 by Ricardo Rementería Troncoso.
    • on Feb 03, 2012 by Marcus Seppälä.
    • on Jun 14, 2013 by Rafal Zielinski.
    • Request 4 on Aug 07, 2013 by Barthe Hogenboom (in this topic).
  • Bombardier Dash 8
    • on Dec 12, 2009 by Per-kristian Jensen.
    • Status: "Nothing (mostly) is impossible in this VA. But first we will add the ERJ to the fleet."
  • C-17 Globemaster III
    • on Oct 12, 2010 by Szymon Kurzacz.
    • Status: rejected because of military origin and no civil operators except Qatar Airways.
  • Cessna 206 Skylane/Skywagon
    • on Sep 03, 2009 by Matej Sagmeister.
  • Cessna 208 Caravan
    • Request 1 on Aug 07, 2013 by Perez Santos Eduardo (in this topic).
  • Cessna 337 Skymaster
    • on Sep 29, 2011 by Petr Sach.
    • Status: "This could become a nice long term project but only after the other 100+ projects are done".
  • de Havilland Canada Dash 8 (DHC-8)
    • on Apr 24, 2013 by Frank Kunath.
  • Douglas DC-3
    • on Sep 09, 2011 by Wim Mourits.
    • Request 2 on Aug 07, 2013 by Perez Santos Eduardo (in this topic).
    • Status: "This could become a nice long term project but only after the other 100+ projects are done".
  • Fairchild C-119
    • on Apr 18, 2009 by James Taplin.
  • Gulfstream 550
    • on Jul 26, 2009 by Enric Morales.
    • Status: "So this is something we will probably not realize before mid 2010."
  • Junkers Ju-52
    • on Mar 03, 2013 by Fernando De Cicco.
    • Status: "Sorry, not in the near future. Maby we will add one day a classic hangar... maybe!"
  • Lockheed L-1049 Constellation
    • on Sep 09, 2011 by Wim Mourits.
  • McDonnell Douglas DC-9
    • on Sep 23, 2012 by Fabrizio Pascucci.
  • Sukhoi SSJ-100
    • on Mar 03, 2011 by Tom Weber.
  • Tupolev TU-154M
    • on Sep 15, 2010 by Bronislaw Maniewski.
    • Status: "But I can`t tell you when we will release this aircraft for Air-Child. Sorry!"

And fast quote of "why NOT" for some requests...
Peter Schindler said:
On the other hand we have always said that the VA has to be defined by its members, not by its management. If many pilots request a certain aircraft it will certainly be considered, whenever possible. There's just some guidelines we'd like to follow:
- including aircraft that are only used by a handful of pilots is too much effort for what it's worth
- we'd like to keep a certain character to the fleet, which is to feature a fairly modern airliner and cargo fleet
- helicopters will definitely not be included because of their completely different approach to flight logging and pireps

Anyway, there's some lovely retro aircraft out there - like the Conny - and also many nice prop planes for bush flying and/or commuter flights. We discussed a bush flying department of Air-Child already in the past, and the project has not been totally abandoned. However, here's my opinion on this: bush-flying, as well as classic/retro flights, should be separate departments, both in management and in style. That means I would personally prefer different websites (also because I could design some retro style site^^) where pilots can switch between departments but still keep one logbook and pilot record. Other opinions or suggestions are very welcome.

This could become a nice long term project but only after the other 100+ projects are done ;)

Re: Airplane requests [summary]

The 727-100/200/Adv (cargo), the "3rd world friend" and old DC-3 and the Cessna 208 Grand Caravan would be nice additions to serve the world...

Bye

Re: Airplane requests [summary]

Perez Santos Eduardo said:
The 727-100/200/Adv (cargo), the "3rd world friend" and old DC-3 and the Cessna 208 Grand Caravan would be nice additions to serve the world...

First of all let me remind pilots of the fact that you can fly any plane in any livery for our airline, just choose an appropriate replacement craft for your report.

I think the idea behind Air-Child is to simulate a modern airline with simulated limited resources(so no adding any plane). That means older aircraft with not so good performances don't make it. Because of the charity element we also do relief flights so we have L-100's in addition to the "regular" airline fleet.

I think the 787 should we welcomed to the fleet; it is flown by regular airlines now and there's a very . If it is added I'll make a repaint for it. Or is the board of directors waiting until Boeing has mended those spontaneous kitchen fires :?: :rofl:

tds0627.jpg

Question for the board: I still have some POSKY ACH repaints lying around and I'm thinking about making some other repaints. I understand not everything can be put in the hangar. Can I upload them to Flightsim.com? I'd like someone to use them.

I also want to ask , if he wants to put an ACH logo on his very nice Skyteam repaint. Then we'll have a Skyteam livery too.

Posky_B7377Tarom_SkyTeam_YR-BGF.gif

Re: Airplane requests [summary]: PMDG T7

Hi folks,

after the release of the PMDG 777-200 / 777F I guess a livery for that would be highly appreciated by many pilots. :yes:

Cheers,
Morten

In one of the original posts Peter mentioned that a "bush flying department" (or GA / small charter) was a project for the future.

In my opinion, Ricardo's great work with the FSEconomy (FSE) department has made that future turn into reality. Now we have (at least in the FSE universe) several different GA aircraft flying chartered missions all over the world for Air-child.

Would it be possible to add those aircraft to the hangar?

We can get all relevant performance data directly from FSE. If we did this, there would be 100% consistency between Air-Child and the FSE department. Only disadvantage I can see is that you should be required to only fly these aircraft when you register the flight with both Airchild and FSE (e.g. X-Economy + XAcars) to make sure that the location of the aircraft stays aligned.

If we did this (and I am interested in helping any way I can), we would truly have a bush department with an economic simulation!

What do you say?

Regards,

Anders

Uhm... I want to ask a really stupid question... and I apologize in advance... but what is the big deal adding a few A/C to the hangar? It's not like ACH would have to pay for them, do they? Sure, when I want to fly a B736 or B739 I can always take a 738 as a placeholder... but that's like drinking water from a bottle with a champagne lable on it. Frankly I don't understand what's the issue with adding additional A/Cs? For example: "Status: "I can't tell now if this will take 6 months or 10."" Why is that? It's just a database that needs editing, isn't it? :S

Again: pls don't take this in any way as an offense, I'm just curious and completely lack the understanding of the internal workings of a VA.

And I'd like to be so bold as to add some requests of my own:

:arrow: BAe 142-200/300 (Pax&Cargo Version)
:arrow: BAe Jetstream 4100
:arrow: Bombardier Dash 8Q-400

:idea: With respect to ACH's claim to offer a modern airliner fleet (and also with respect to enviromental aspects of modern aviation) one shouldn't see adding an aircraft as a oneway street... hangarwise speaking. One could "sell" the one or other aircraft as some of them're not the poster children of a modern fleet (let alone being ecological and economical sensible in any way).

Cheers,

Pete :fly:

I imagine they would have to create from scratch flight plans, and weight calculations for all the routes that they would fly, as well as providing repaints. and when your network is global like ACH, that's a lot of planning. as well, there are some aircraft that essentially mimic the capabilities of an existing aircraft, and fitting it in without obsoleting the old airplane (and earning the wrath of the fans of that plane) is an exercise in politics. for your list of planes, they do have the Bae as a charter aircraft, as well as some repaints available. and I actually use that as a sub for the F100. The Dash I will use as a sub for the ATR.

Thanks for clearing that up, Shawn. :) It didn't even occur to me that the whole planning feature I always see when flying with ACH must indeed be programmed upfront.

Is there somewhere an eager member of this community can offer his service in helping out from time to time?

Cheers,

Pete

Hi,

can we add the Airbus A350-900 to the (charter) fleet? It is now delivered to airlines and with the X-Plane aircraft from FF rather popular.

Thx.
Kevin

How about making the acft available for charter, and leave the flt plans and fuel calculations up to the pilots? :think:

That would be awesome. Are there any constraints to this? I'd volunteer to help with adding the planes to the database if resources are needed.

It would also be appreciated if some more A320 (neo?) could be made available for charter.

Edit: I guess it all depends on the payware add on market. For X-Plane pilots some options are missing and some of the most popular aircrafts are fairly overbooked.

David Higdon said:
How about making the acft available for charter, and leave the flt plans and fuel calculations up to the pilots? :think:

hello

I disagree with you David sometimes I just have about 2 hours to make flight in the afternoon or evening and I like that I can get almost every data I need with just booking the flight. After booking I can fire up the machine set fmc ask for clearence and have fun with fly.

Another thing is that even if I use vroute there is a lot of old flightplans and as I wrote above sometimes I don't havetime to prepare flightplan from the scratch. I use FS9. I'm a virtual pilot abot 5-6 years and since my beginnigs there is less good tolls for this simulator, about the new aircraft will not mention.

Greetings

Hello Rafal,

this sounds a bit like just because one doesn't have time to do the flight preparations and only uses schedule flights, new planes in charter are not necessary. I would find this very undesirable for an airline that claims to give their pilots the most freedom possible.

I already offered support adding the planes to charter as this is my main focus. Maybe we can find someone to determine the routes and enter the data for the scheduled flights too and we would have the planes available for everyone.

Question to the admins: is it possible that we help setting up planes and flights?

Kevin

Kevin Richter said:
Hello Rafal,

this sounds a bit like just because one doesn't have time to do the flight preparations and only uses schedule flights, new planes in charter are not necessary. I would find this very undesirable for an airline that claims to give their pilots the most freedom possible.

Hello Kevin

It looks like I mistunderstood the subject of the answer. I don't mind anything for the new airplane in the charter section.
Kevin Richter said:
I already offered support adding the planes to charter as this is my main focus. Maybe we can find someone to determine the routes and enter the data for the scheduled flights too and we would have the planes available for everyone. Question to the admins: is it possible that we help setting up planes and flights?
Kevin

I was a part of the dispathing team but have lost the login and password so I'm not able anymore to correct routes or adds new one. Have been contact with Peter Schindler but he answers me that he's to busy right now to reset my password. So I'm waiting.

Greetings

Kevin Richter said:
Hello Rafal,

sorry that I misunderstood.

So Peter is the person to contact to offer help?

Kevin

Concerning routes and airplanes it is more Norbert who needs help. Peter works more in the background.
Maybe you should ask Norbert what kind of test flights he needs to set up flight planes for particular planes.
Cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom