Windows 8

Users Local time
Today 1:29 PM
Well as always when I try to tweak my computer I manage to muck it up! Tried to convert to 64bit rig by installing terra byte hard drive and new operating sys. Nvidia gtx 550 ti doesn't seem to work with windows 8. Had to put my old ati graphics card in for system to work. MOB is 64 bit capable. May need to get a newer motherboard anyway or revert back to my 32bit sys where everything was working. Anyway, are any of you using windows 8 with FSX? Just want to know if I'm wasting my time, haven't even started reloading all the flt sim programs yet. Know there will be installation issues.

Well guys,don't be afraid of windows 8! Loaded FSX,Fskeepers ,PMDG 737 NGX. It seems to work fine so far. Still haven't loaded FSINN ,radar contact, or my orbx scenery yet. Keep u posted on how it turns out. Bit of a learning curve with the system tho. Quite different than what I'm used to. Still trying to get my nvidia card to work but it does ok with my old card.

Well guys,don't be afraid of windows 8! Loaded FSX,Fskeepers ,PMDG 737 NGX. It seems to work fine so far.
That's good to hear. It might mean flightsimming on a MS platform has a longer future than I thought. I didn't expect it would work on win8 because it seems so radically different.

I'm really curious if FS2004 works on it too. It might need a little more work. Even in win7 I've to circumvent all kind of folder permissions etc.

Would you test FS2004? Or don't you have a copy? It only cost about 10 Euros where I live. (Actually a strange feeling having spent so much time and money on add-ons for a 10 Euro "game").
Anyway, are any of you using windows 8 with FSX?
I hope to skip win8 to be honest. MS always finds a way to force people into buying but I recognise a pattern: win98: reasonable, winME:bad,WinXP: good, Vista: bad, win7: good, win8: bad??? :rofl: :rofl:

Well,my first impression of windows 8 pro was that I absolutely hated it! It took me an hour just to figure out how to shut it down. That being said,now that I learned a little about how to use it... its really not that bad! FSX seems to run better for me. Now i'm not sure if its because of windows 8, or converting to 64bit,or the tweaks I put in. It just seems a lot better than my 32bit vista. Im not saying rush out and get it. I am saying that if you wind up with it, all is not lost, and you can still run the sim. Ive flown two offline flts and one vatsim for Air-Child using the new operating system. Still haven't figured out how to get my Nvidia gtx 550ti to work with it yet. Think its a driver issue ( not smart enough to install properly yet).

Thanks Luis ,I believe that's the driver that I need. The problem is that I don't know how to install it. When I install the nvidia card windows doesn't see it and I don't have video in order to launch the driver.when I put my old ati card in its ok. The nvidia card worked when I had a different hard drive in computer with vista. That drive crashed, which is why I went to new setup. Nvidia card works in other computer also, so the cards good. Just don't know how to get it installed.

Back
Top Bottom