New HUB

Norbert Woeller

Founder
Users Local time
Today 10:57 AM
Hello all,

we have got some suggestions for a new HUB. So it will be our pleasure to open one in the near future. Please let us know your favourite HUB you want to see. Suggestions made so far:

OMDB by Kai Uwe Pel
PANC by Frank Kunath
KSFO, KSEA or KLAX by Jan Betlach
SKBO by Peter and me

After we have got more suggestions we will made a poll.

Best regards
Norbert

Note: please don’t make any suggestions for a new HUB in Europe. Our next HUB will definitely not located within Europe

PANC is a good one to fly into but mind the mountains on the way in :D

We would be the first VA having a hub in Lukla! Cool!
I've suggested a hub on the US west coast - KLAX, KSFO or KSEA. However PANC is kind of interesting too. As is OMDB. Difficult choice. Can we open more than one?

I think the choice for a new hub must be connected to the developing of a financial/economic system.

Can we fly over the whole world with medium aircrafts going from hub to hub (reparations, fuel, etc)?

In Asia (Russia, China) we have nothing.

Japan is a good location to connecting Asia and North America.
We do not have a hub in West North America neither.

OMDB is a good choice to connect the Middle East. But I should change Accra for Dakar, and I should eliminate some hubs in Europa (there are 7 hubs there!!!).

Anyway, it's not only a choice for a new hub.
How is it with our new financial/economic system?

Saludos,

:fly:

PS.- See the chart:
[imgpop]http://www.remen.nl/XPlane/Screenshots/Chart-hubs.jpg[/imgpop]

Can we fly over the whole world with medium aircrafts going from hub to hub
If that would be the case I would really like a medium airliner route from Europe to the USA via the Azores and Bermuda. Since I saw pilots do that flight on TV (they ferried a repossessed aircraft back to the USA) I've done it several times. For me it's much more fun than taking off from EHAM in a 777 and than wait several hours for it to bump it's nose into the USA. :)

I also like to go back via the northern route, it must be a real surprise for the Air force personnel to see a civil airliner full of passengers stop over at BGTL. :rofl: "Ladies and gentlemen, don't forget your thermal underwear and please don't feed the polar bears." :lol:

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Can we fly over the whole world with medium aircrafts going from hub to hub
If that would be the case I would really like a medium airliner route from Europe to the USA via the Azores and Bermuda. Since I saw pilots do that flight on TV (they ferried a repossessed aircraft back to the USA) I've done it several times. For me it's much more fun than taking off from EHAM in a 777 and than wait several hours for it to bump it's nose into the USA. :)

I also like to go back via the northern route, it must be a real surprise for the Air force personnel to see a civil airliner full of passengers stop over at BGTL. :rofl: "Ladies and gentlemen, don't forget your thermal underwear and please don't feed the polar bears." :lol:

There is actually a scheduled flight (SmartWings) from Prague to Miami with refueling at Azores with B738. So that it may work as well.

However for a new hub, I would really go with one of the above options.

There is actually a scheduled flight (SmartWings) from Prague to Miami with refueling at Azores with B738.
Hi, thanks for the info; that makes it even better. :thx:

I found some confusing info on the net about this:
airliners.net:
SmartWings new Prague-Miami service is now loaded into GDS. It will begin on 19 December, operating twice a week. SmartWings will use a 737-800 configured with 18 seats in C and 150 in Y, as opposed to SmartWings' typical all 189Y configuration.

QS 1250 PRG 1200-1520 TER 1610-2000 MIA WeSu 738
QS 1251 MIA 2200-0710+1 TER 0825-1545+1 PRG WeSu 738
but then airlineroute.net:
As per 22NOV12 GDS timetable and inventory display, Eastern European carrier SmartWings has cancelled its plan to start Prague – Terceira – Miami service.
I don't really understand if they only cancel the stop at the Azores or the complete route. But at least it's nice to know some real airlines still consider the Azores as a real stopping over point rather than an emergency landing site for ETOPS or ferrying new aircraft. The greatest fun about this hobby is raising questions and learning how things work.

Barthe,

you are right and I am sorry for misinformation. It seems they really canceled the planned service Prague - Lajes - Miami. The reason as per their website is "low demand for such a route".
First of all I am not sure about "low demand". The only direct flight from Prague to USA (Delta) is no longer operational. Secondly - how did they planned this in the first place? Pretty amateurish in my eyes.
Anyway back to the topic - I fully agree with you that similar route with stop at Azores make sense for us and would be fun. We can use NB like B738 or A320/A321.

I see our map in way of picture below.

We should decrease hubs in europe and make few other in new places like PANC and OMDB.

Red dots are current hubs.
Yellow are nice places to have hubs.
Click for full pic.

There are some missing hubs on pic, those are in part that I would remove.

Also other idea, about HUB Commanders or Officers or something. Persons who would keep hub running, including managing hub events for online players. That does not mean keeping routes actual (navaids), but thinking bout fleet and routes (from to airports)... Best would be that such Officer would run also updates for routes i case of navaids, but on other hand managing via script of some kind for whole company would be better...

We should decrease hubs in europe and make few other in new places like PANC and OMDB.
Isn't it natural for an European based international airline to have most hubs around Europe from where we fly to the rest of the world? I don't see European airlines like KLM or Lufthansa as PANC using airlines.

It's also about demographics; if I look in the pilot roster I mainly see European members. If they're anything like me they want to fly to and from home and don't always have time for 6+ hour flights. I understand an airline has to grow internationally but I think it should reflect the statistics. In our case not the customers(ACH customers don't complain) but the pilots.

I think connecting PANC to KJFK would solve all your problems; you could fly anywhere from there also in North America. KLAX would be more realistic(more real passenger airlines go there) but KJFK has more options and real cargo airlines fly PANC-KJFK so it would be OK.
Also other idea, about HUB Commanders or Officers or something. Persons who would keep hub running, including managing hub events for online players.
This scares me a bit, tell someone he/she is a commander of something and they'll go bossing normal members around. Well that's my experience with other online organizations anyway. :(

Just my thoughts....

Hello all,

we don't will close any HUB in Europe. That dosn't make sense. But we also will not open any new HUB in Europe before we have add new HUB's around the world. Air-Child is an international VA, that means a worldwide VA. We now waiting for the release of PFPX (Professional Flight Planner X) then we will add one new HUB (we will do a poll, so it will be your choice ;) ), but not more in the next future (also there are many nice places for new HUB's), because we want to concentrate our work to the upcomming economic part.

Best regards
Norbert

Hello all,

it's a long time gone, but next week I will make the poll. Suggestions so far:

OMDB
PANC
KSFO
SKBO
KLAX
KSEA

Any new idea? Last chance ;)

Best Regards
Norbert

I vote for KSEA, the default airport in FS9. I've gotten so used to it that I even changed default in FSX to it. Also close to the Boeing factory, famous for the etc.

-

I vote for KSEA too. West Coast of North America, near Alaska, easy to fly to Central and South America...

Just..., do something about the ...

:fly:

vote for OMDB, from there we can reach every Place in the World non Stop with our 77L and 77W

Hello all,

this is not the voting for the new HUB. As I have written in my last post, I will do that next week with a poll.
Norbert Woeller said:
it's a long time gone, but next week I will make the poll. Suggestions so far:

OMDB
PANC
KSFO
SKBO
KLAX
KSEA

Any new idea? Last chance ;)

Until then, you have the chance to make new suggestions. So there is no need to nominate one of the airports above. They are allready in the list... ;)

Best regards
Norbert

Back
Top Bottom