New HUB

Kai Uwe Pel said:
I vote for OMDB, which is the center of the world ;) 8)

You are not right - Bern/Switzerlend is the center of the world - you see this on a map in the Bern Train station. :D
Tom

You are not right - Bern/Switzerlend is the center of the world - you see this on a map in the Bern Train station.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, and the British probably say Greenwich because they made a whole system of time and position around it.

I believe the is a very hot place and nobody has ever visited it(or probably ever will).

So, KSEA please. :lol:
this is not the voting for the new HUB. As I have written in my last post, I will do that next week with a poll.
We know, we're just an impatient lot. :lol:

Barthe Hogenboom said:
You are not right - Bern/Switzerlend is the center of the world - you see this on a map in the Bern Train station.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, and the British probably say Greenwich because they made a whole system of time and position around it.

I believe the is a very hot place and nobody has ever visited it(or probably ever will).

Good point! :idea:

Why not establishing all Hubs as mentioned below
I wouldn't be against that but I don't know what the limiting factors are. Does it make the database/site slower? I think it's mainly the work involved like it is with the economy story. But that's a question for Norbert.

The only thing involving hubs that really shouldn't be done is making 2 hubs too close together just because folks liked them both. That would make our VA less realistic. Real-life airlines would choose their hubs according to their economic target area. Because we target the whole world we should at least place them strategically. And in the end they're only hubs; nobody says you can't use an airport as your personal favourite.

Kai Uwe Pel said:
Why not establishing all Hubs as mentioned below,

- OMDB
- PANC
- KSFO
- SKBO
- KLAX
- KSEA
plus
- ZBAA

and everyone shall be VERY HAPPY !!!

...but not the dispatcher :'( :lol:
It's only a question of time. Let's see what the poll will bring us. But we allways try to make everybody VERY HAPPY (if possible) :lol:

If we had Hubs only for Charter - all of them could be possible. But this is not very realistic. If we want routes the dispatcher has a lot of work with each Hub every month. After the Airac update to 1409 we had round 350 invalid routes - can you imagine how much work it is to change the routes to make them valid again. As there is no tool that you can do it automatically - the dispatcher has really to work on it. This is why the dispatcher is not so happy with to much hubs. 8)
Cheers Tom

I can help Tom, i can revalidate the Routes. Also i wouldn change the A340 with the B777-300ER. The A340 is to old....

Norbert Woeller said:
...but not the dispatcher :'( :lol:

Hello Norbert

A while ago ( let me say a long long time ago :) ) I wrote to you a message that I've lost my login data to the dispatching server so I'm not able to help. If you could send me again all login data I'll help the dispatching. I need server adress login and password.

Greetings

PS I'm not sure about that message, but it was a private message.

Rafal Zielinski said:
PS I'm not sure about that message, but it was a private message.

Hello Rafal,

I've just have surched my PM's, but have never got a message from you like this. But anyway, thank you. You will get post from Peter.

@ Frank: Thank you. You also will get post from Peter.

Best regards
Norbert

b.t.w. there are 'only' 245 invalid routes left... ;)

Thx Norbert

Back
Top Bottom