This time opinions on navigation updates :3

Users Local time
Today 2:18 AM
Hi,

as I finally have flown the first flights for the airline and will soon start VATSIM I was thinking that I probably should make sure that I have the latest navigational data in my flight computers.

Since this forum has proven to be quite useful, I decided to utilize it once again ;) I hope you people enjoy giving advice. So, any suggestions on what provider is the best for navigational data? I've been only looking at Navigraph, but are there any good FREE sources of this data or something better to pay for or should I just forget the whole thing? :p

Thank you in advance

Aleksi

I don't know which one is the best, but, so far as I know, Air-Child is basically using nav data from Navigraph. That's why I also use it.

Saludos,

:fly:

Aleksi Laine said:
Hi,

as I finally have flown the first flights for the airline and will soon start VATSIM I was thinking that I probably should make sure that I have the latest navigational data in my flight computers.

Since this forum has proven to be quite useful, I decided to utilize it once again ;) I hope you people enjoy giving advice. So, any suggestions on what provider is the best for navigational data? I've been only looking at Navigraph, but are there any good FREE sources of this data or something better to pay for or should I just forget the whole thing? :p

Thank you in advance

Aleksi

Let's see...
You basically CAN'T upgrade generic GPS navdata in FS.
You CAN upgrade FMS or other advanced navigational stuff (vasFMC, PMDG, PM etc.) with NaviGraph data (PAYWARE).
You CAN upgrade generic GPS navdata in X-plane free, altough some most advanced plugins may require use of NaviGraph...

Other ways are illegal...

There are only two providers, Navigraph and NavDataPro.

Navigraph:

NavDataPro:

NavDataPro seems to have better coverage, and all procedures are updated monthly(navigraph SID and STAR are not all updated monthly, you can have a situations when you can't find published SID or STAR in your FMC for example). But look at the lists with suported addon aircrafts too :)

Stock FSX navaids (VORs/NDBs) can be updated by installing a current set of bgl files: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html Extremely useful if you only fly by raw data.

Most scenery addons include accurate radio navaids and occasionally waypoint data for their repsective TMAs.

FMC packages for most popular addons are available from Navigraph and since recently: from Aerosoft's NavData Pro.

P.S. Zeljko was faster with posting, so ignore the redundant info :)

Thank you all for the replies, the forum did not let me down :)

though I was also aware of NavDataPro's existence. I was kind of just making sure there weren't any better or cheaper options available. Seems like there aren't any equivalent options, so I think I'll just make it simple and choose either of those and leave it at that :p

The list of add-ons seems to be practically equal from what I use/will use. Although I can't see the LSH Maddog in either? Am I missing it within some of the add-ons there or is there something else I'm completely ignorant about? Just thinking that I might someday consider buying it :p

Anyway, I'll just keep thinking. I might go for the NavDataPro. Perhaps Aerosoft's resources could allow them to expand the list of add-ons faster...? It's good to have this forum. Stops me from going headfirst into buying everything that I come across. Thank you for providing assurance once again ;)

Leonardo Maddog use PMDG Navdata, don't worry!

It's important to update stock Navdata too, as Svilen said above. I forgot to mention that :)

Back
Top Bottom