Sound control in x-plane

Users Local time
Today 12:37 PM
Hello Captains, here I am again with something new that drives me nuts...
I tried to control the noise of the engines adjusting the respective control in the setting --> audio menu of x-plane 10, but it simply does not work - the sound of the engines and anything else keeps just going as usual... no effect whatsoever of sliding those horizontal bars right or left...
Another mystery, probably related: I tried to use the headset + mike to interact with ATC, but although I pass the mic setup test in the audio setting of XSqwackbox, I still cannot here my voice at the end of the test... I called ATC in Vatsim and they also could not hear me :( what the hell is wrong here? Anybody has any idea? Thanks in advance to whomever can help.

Share more details about Your setup.

What headset (usb/jack)?
What speakers (jack, spdiff)?
Single or multiple soundcard?
Sound integrated into mainboard or standalone?
Headset plugged into speakers or into own output or output is single, but then splitted for headset and speakers (Y-tie)?
Speakers work in stereo or more channels?
Speakers with more than stereo have digital output and decoder on board or use most/all plugs from mainboard?
Do this problem occurs whan You use other applications (including system sound recorder)?
Do Your mic is mutted in recording settings (other set of settings than visible by default in windows volume control)?
Do You use default record/play volume or dedicated software from Your mainboard/soundcard manufacturer?
Did You tried turn off sound of engines in X-plane (mute), not only moving slider to low vloume?
Do You have push-to-talk button defined and use it in xsquawkbox OR use active voice (speak to activate transmission)?
Do You set recording levels correctly in xsquawkbox (xsb is able to hear when You talk and can recognise that from background noise)? [i had mic too close to CPU, and tht caused problems]...

Above set will solve Your problem, or at least help us pinpoint it from here...

Which plane do you use - does it have a plugin for sound control like Ramzzess planes have?
Tom

Dear Tom and Szymon

thank you for getting back to me. I am currently on holiday and away from my computer, in any case probably I could not answer many of Szymon questions - I am not that computer freak after all.
What i can say from here is that I fly the Aerosoft / Mc Phat ATR 72-500, and tried to use both a Logitech USB headset / mic and a loudspeaker / microphone configuration but to no avail. The headset works perfectly with other applications (e.g. skype), of course it is not muted and I push a key to talk - indeed I passed the test in the audio setting of XSqwackbox but when I click to hear my recorded voice I hear nothing at all (nor ATC heard me when I tried to call them). I understand it is complicated to explain all this via posts, and would be glad to share my screen with one of you (via skype for example) to try and sort this out. Please let me know if any of you would be available next Sunday 24, ideally in the afternoon.
Thanks again for trying to help

Giuseppe Alvaro said:
indeed I passed the test in the audio setting of XSqwackbox but when I click to hear my recorded voice I hear nothing at all (nor ATC heard me when I tried to call them). I understand it is complicated to explain all this via posts, and would be glad to share my screen with one of you (via skype for example) to try and sort this out. Please let me know if any of you would be available next Sunday 24, ideally in the afternoon.
Thanks again for trying to help

OK, using X-Plane 10.11, DHC6 (X-Hangar) and AT72 (Aerosoft), with MacOS X 10.8.2, iMac i5 and the headset cable for a iPhone, I had no problem to test the sound in the settings of XSquawkBox, recording and playing back, and also changing settings for the volume (recording and playing back).

I also use Skype with Screen Sharing ("RemenNL") if you want to use it to check online.

Saludos,

:fly:

Thank you Ricardo. A couple of days ago I sent you a request to connect via Skype and will try to connect on Sunday afternoon at 6 pm CET. Please let me know if that's a convenient time for you as well. Again many thanks

Giuseppe Alvaro said:
will try to connect on Sunday afternoon at 6 pm CET.
Please let me know if that's a convenient time for you as well.

Hm, hm... That's diner time in The Netherlands.
I prefer from 15:00 to 17:00 CET or later from 21:00 to 23:30 CET. I'll be online next Sunday.

Saludos,

:fly:

I see you integrated 100% in the Dutch way of life :)
We'll do at 21 then but unfortunately not on Sunday as wife just informed me that we'll have no internet connection till Monday 25 February due to a change in provider... I'll let you know as soon as I am connected again - hopefully we could have a skype session already on Monday. Thanks a lot for your help Ricardo.
Hasta luego
Giuseppe

Hello Ricardo, I managed to fix my internet connection earlier then expected but you were not on Skype tonight. Please let me know if you can connect tomorrow, Monday 25 Feb. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom