The Fairchild C-119; AKA Hercs punchy lil' cousin

Users Local time
Today 2:12 PM
BoxcarrealACH.jpg

I would like to humbly suggest that when the next Air-Child fiscal report is published, we make know our intention to purchase one or two of these little Korean War-era gems. :)

C119ACH.jpg

Since I started seriously simming with FS2004 and FSPax I was blessed to come across this aircraft as freeware (which is basically the only way to get it, I think, I haven't seen any payware versions). Speaking as an extensive bush pilot (200+ hours) this bird has proved worth its weight in gold. Excellent handling in the air and on the ground, fair STOL capability and a decent top speed, as well as a large cargo hold (with optional welded deckchairs for pax) and a remarkable ability to recover and/or crash land successfully even with terrible failures or damage from ground fire round out the plus points of this beauty. She might be rugged, but she's sure ready too.

As we make charter flights and aid drops into dangerous areas under bush flying conditions, I really can't think of any reason why we don't have a couple of these is our fleet. It would be an absolute pleasure to fly this bird for our cause. And, if you need any further incentive, she's economical to run as well, and currently selling (used) for between 5-8 million euros [FSPax data].

Give it some thought, I wouldn't steer you wrong. :wink:

Paz.

James, first I have to say: Nothing is impossible. This week we have add the B763 to our fleet. This will be the last aircraft we have add before the Beta will be finished and we have start with Air-Child. After the Start we will going on to add more and more aircraft to the fleet. So why not. We will give him a thought...

Hey Norbert.

It's great you'll consider the Flying Boxcar, I really do love this plane. BTW, what's the current date for the Air-Child 'go-live'?

If anyone wants to try the plane out here is the link to it's Simviation download: -

And a really good FSPax payload: -

Paz. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom