Blackbox A320 thoughts

Users Local time
Today 9:27 AM
Hello fellow Airbus-pilots.

I would just like to share my thoughts on the Blackbox A320 Prologue.

I decided to buy the prologue to find a replacement for the AXE.
When I first installed the A320 it was in version 0.61, take off felt good flying felt good but decent was a pain. Most of the time it went into 7000-9000ft/min dives, making my passengers squeal like pigs :).
I never had the taxi issues that some customers reported, sure it was a bit tricky to taxi due to having a very sensitive tiller/rudder.

In late March they released version 0.7, and added a very nice feature for ground operations: the ability to switch between tiller and rudder. The crazy dives during decent is completely gone for me atleast. Some things that have been made worse is pitchroll performance (specially sucks during TO), although they say they have a patch incomming for this. And I feel that idle thrust on ground gives too much thrust, sure the bus should move with idle thrust but not accelerate beyond 40kts.

Anyway, for you out there that want to fly A320 and find that the AXE isn't enough. I would say, try the Blackbox A320 if you got the extra cash :). Else wait for FSL A320 :)

Back
Top Bottom