I think my birds broken!

Users Local time
Today 9:58 AM
Don't know how to put this but here goes. Ive attempted to land at TNCM three times now with no success ! Every time I get on final my controls go nuts. When I do land the brakes don't work, the speed brakes don't activate even tho they are armed, and the thrust reverse seems to be inop. Checked them at airport of origin and all was working fine, just when I get close to TNCM . Registered fsuipc back in may. Does it sound like I messed up the settings in fsuipc somehow? Using the PMDG NGX on vatsim when this occurs.

Check your USB configuration - in "device manager", click on "universal serial bus controllers" to expand them, and then check all of them: right click on device, select "properties" and look for "power management" tab(some of them don't have this options). In "power management" tab uncheck "alow computer to turn off this device to save power".

Just to be sure, go to power options in control panel and select maximum performance, or make a custom power plan and set all options to neber turn off.

Is that happens only at TNCM?

Ok, I'll check it out when I get home tonight. Think ill recheck the settings again also. Like you said before it is FSX ;) . Not sure if its just TNCM . It's the leg I'm trying to complete at this time. The others went well. Thanks mate.

too tired tnite to troubleshoot further.what I did find out tho is that all users of fsuipc must update as of 5 may 2013. you can find it on dowsons support forum. Probably should be an announcement in a new thread. new versions 4.90 and3.999z2. I just installed 4.90 and will continue tomorrow.

Well Zeljko , I set the power management like you said and loaded version 4.90 of the fsuipc. Seems to be working now. We will see on the next leg. I checked it flying off line tho. And didn't think to check separately so I'm not sure what fixed it. The power management or fsuipc. We will see this weekend if the problem comes back. Thanks

David, here you can check and update for the latest versions of FSUIPC/WideFS: It's a good idea to check from time to time, becouse P.Dowson release updates regulary and many, many fixes and improvements for FS are added. I check at least once per week.

About power management, it needs to be set like that anyway. If not, your saitek(or any other joysticks/controls you are using)will not respond after some time on autopilot, becouse you are not using them and Windows turns off USB ports to save power :lol:

Back
Top Bottom