Repaints Database

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Today 3:50 PM
It's finally done! I have replaced the temporary repaints page with the database scripts. Please have a look at it and tell me if something goes wrong. There's certainly room for improvements, so any input is welcome.
Some thumbnails are still missing (some Airbusses & MD-11). These are aircraft I don't have installed. Thumbs will be replaced as soon as I have some ;)

On top right of the page you can switch between FS versions. If you are logged into the site, the version from your profile will be preselected. For each FS version only aircraft with available repaints are displayed. If an aircraft isn't there there's no repaint available for it.

Many thanks got to Jeroen Bos and Tobias Niederhauser for contributing to this part of the site!
:hug:

In the X-Plane section there's 2 new repaints available - the B747 and the A340, courtesy of Hartmut Krüger who made the textures and Tom Weber who keeps looking after them ;)
Thanks to both of you!

Some more repaints for FS9 will follow soon: Level-D 767, PSS 777, Flight1 MD-80 (though not in the fleet yet). Matej Sagmeister is working at the last strokes ;)

Nice work Peter,

Another thing that's of my list of stuff to do that's laying around for too long :oops:

Only think that imo needs to be done is some pixel shifting. I think the photos and text don't line up nice and fonts used aren't the same as in the rest of the site. Can I have a go at the _file and make some changes in the css file?

Jeroen

Jeroen Bos said:
Another thing that's of my list of stuff to do that's laying around for too long :oops:
Exactly what I thought :lol:
Only think that imo needs to be done is some pixel shifting. I think the photos and text don't line up nice and fonts used aren't the same as in the rest of the site. Can I have a go at the _file and make some changes in the css file?
Sure, Jeroen. Shift whatever pixels you like to make it nicer ;) But you may want to make a copy of the css. There's no temporary file yet. btw: did I send you instructions for the new preview section? If not, send me a PM, please.

Just checked everything and it appears that opening the page in Google Chrome gives conflicts with css settings. The page looks fine in IE and Firefox, and since these browsers are used by the majority I suggest leaving it as it is.

I will look into the matter later though, when I have a bit more time (as usual ;) )

Jeroen, I don't know if you changed the css in the meantime, but I have just checked the repaint pages with Chrome (latest version 2.0.172) and they looked pretty much the same as in FF or IE. I also checked with Safari which, like Chrome, is based on Apple's WebKit engine, and it looked fine. Maybe you use an older version of Chrome?
For IE I have adjusted the position of the thumb's drop shadow because it was too far to the right.

Peter Schindler said:
Jeroen, I don't know if you changed the css in the meantime, but I have just checked the repaint pages with Chrome (latest version 2.0.172) and they looked pretty much the same as in FF or IE. I also checked with Safari which, like Chrome, is based on Apple's WebKit engine, and it looked fine. Maybe you use an older version of Chrome?
For IE I have adjusted the position of the thumb's drop shadow because it was too far to the right.

Yeah I have the latest version. Did a refresh of the page and everything looks good now. Only reason is probably that when I first looked at the page with Chrome, for some reason the css file wasn't loaded and after that I was loading the page from my cash.

Anyway all is fine now and looking good.

Jeroen

Back
Top Bottom