Greetings and Questions

Users Local time
Today 8:18 PM
Hello everyone! I saw the announcement of the creation of this airline on the X-Plane.org forum so you might know who posted it :). I registered as soon as I saw the Cents-per-flight program. Right now I am flying with the ATR-72-500, a charter flight from my place of birth, Girona LEGE, to Innsbruck LOWI with X-Plane 9.31. This is my first flight with this plane so wish me luck :)
Just curiosity: what's the donation amount so far given by the ACH sponsors?
And another thing: i have flown with IVAO (but due to a long travel i haven't collected many hours/medals) so, is there any one here in IVAO as well? It'd be great to do a flight together and help the kids.
Is ACH an IVAO-certified VA? It'd be awesome in order to get more pilots, and more fun.
Well, thanks for your attention so far and see you in the (virtual) skies.
Enric
Oh, a screenshot when i was departing LEGE:

Welcome Enric,

The ATR-72-500 is my favourite plane to fly (using FSX). I see via the live map you have just landed at Innsbruck, hope all went well.

I will leave Peter to respond to your questions. :)

Thanks a lot for your reply! I'll be looking forward to Peter's answers.
The plane landed fine, but I had to land it visually.

Would be nice to have the total flights per month, and the total money earned for UNICEF per month (or per 3 months as the payments are every 3 month) on the statistics page.

Hi Enric,
before I answer your questions, let me say Welcome and Wow! - what an introduction: new member introducing himself in the forum and bringing along a new ATR repaint. What more can we expect? Thank you!!

Now to the questions (from several threads):
A query to the pilots database says that we have 32 pilots with IVAO ID. However, exactly half of those also have a VATSIM ID and about half of the remaining was active during beta tests but isn't anymore. So it is hard to tell how many pilots are actually flying on IVAO. But there should be some ;)

Concerning Unicef payments I have to say that there has not been any money transferred yet. The reason is that we didn't want to charge the sponsors for the beta testing phase. The official start was on June 1 2009, and since we always calculate 3 months we decided to start the funds calculations in July (so that there's two 3-month periods left this year).
At the moment we only have an internal calculation for the VA admins, which you can see here (sponsor names have been blurred because we don't want a "sponsoring competition").
sponsors.gif

This is for the last 3 full months. The first payment period will be July to September, though. We will ask the sponsors if they agree to pay 4 months as an exception, so we can include our first VA month, June, also.
Until September we will include a public page on the website that will show you the current standings (answering Drew's comment too).
The total revenue you see in the chart is not that much yet, of course. But we are still looking for more sponsorship partners, and another one will be included very soon. Actually we were hoping for Aerosoft who gave us a positive answer in early 2008 already. When we made the "final call" in May 2009 they told us that they'd rather concentrate on charity projects they are already involved in. We didn't expect this but we have to accept it. Currently Norbert is looking for further companies inside and outside of the flightsim market. The coming weeks/months will show what it brings. We'll keep you informed.
Although the example above doesn't look like something to save the world with, our initial goal was to collect 500 Euros every 3 months, and I'm positive we will get there by next year. Air-Child is still a new VA and will need to build some reputation. Companies will get to know us and, after the first transfers, some may also change their amounts. Let's give this project a little time to grow.

Finally: thanks a lot for the ATR repaint, Enric. Could you post the link to the screenshot again? It has been cut by the board script. Maybe post without "http://", then it won't get cut.
We will check the repaint, maybe suggest some modifications and get back to you then.

cheers,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom