REX,Opus,or Active Sky

Users Local time
Today 4:49 PM
Hello everyone. I am currently using the REX weather. I know a lot of you use Active Sky with Rex textures. Been looking at Opus because i believe it incorporates a camera similar to EZDOK? Are any of you currently using Opus? If so, how do you rate it? Would you recommend it or is Active Sky the one I should be looking at?

Hello!

I would recommend to try FS Global Real Weather, seems to be must accurate for me atleast (living in Sweden).

Also it creates real overcasts etc etc,

Hi,

I can only say, that I first tried REX, and then switched to AS2012. I'm not even using REX textures, like some are, since I consider the textures equally good and Active Sky seems to be giving better framerates. I have no experience of Opus nor the FS Global Weather, but at least compared to the Global Weather I would suppose Active Sky has way more features. I've really liked it. But you should look into other options as well, I'm no expert :lol:

Aleksi

Go for Opus . I have it and never would go back to other . Accurate winds ,altitude winds,temperature, clouds is very good as well the best I have ever seen in sim , accurate visibility . I dont use the camera from opus since I have ezdock ,can not judge . The above is just realy good ,all accuratelly to METAR. The support is just the best . they always making new up dates ,fixing bugs and what's more listen to custommers what should be improve and that's what they are doing . In one word " well spent money" However , it's all comes down to user what you are expecting to use it for ? looking for differant weather then real? try something else ,looking for real accurate thing go for opus . The choice is yours . regards Petr

I use REX Texures with OPUS and I am very happy with this. The OPUS cams are fine so I do not use EZCAM anymore - one app less on the machine. I think there is an OPUS trial version. If you use REX textures look at the kostas guide:
Cheers Tom

Thanks for the opinions . I don't have EZDOK ,and since Opus has similar camera,accurate weather I'll try the demo.

Hi,

I use REX essentials with great results . I turn off the weather feed option and use another external program called "FSrealWX" for my weather conditions to set the weather inside the simulator to the matching real weather conditions for that part of the world I'm flying in.
The program is freeware and with a little tweaking it has great success in matching real world weather conditions. Rex textures are still used within FSX.
http://www.hanse-coders.net/index.php?page=self&id=1

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom