flight reporting

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Today 2:55 AM
I just happened to be online and saw that our new pilot, Walter Houston, has filed his first flight (cheers to that, Walter!). The flight report appeared under "last arrivals" on the home page but not in the PIREP list. The reason is that the tail number of the aircraft was missing. Since this has happened a couple of times already, I thought I'd give some information on that:

When a flight is reported, all available data is written to the pireps database. For the aircraft there's only the tail number available. Now, if you check a detailed report it shows information about aircraft type, name and so on. This is done by referencing the pirep database to the aircraft database via the tail number. If there's no tail number, it can't be referenced and, by design of databases, will not show up in the list.

This is not a problem with scheduled flights where I can get the tail number from the flights database. For charter flights, however, the tail number MUST be entered, otherwise the report will not show.
Therefore, when using XAcars, we strongly recommend to use the "Get flight data from VA" option (button) to retrieve all data from your booking.

These problems will certainly happen quite often with first reports. Just wanted to tell you why, so you are less confused ;)

btw: Welcome to all new members who joined this week! :goodjob:

Edit: Just noticed there was also a problem with block time in this report. And it was not XAcars but FsAcars that was used. Looks like there happened some FS time shifting (you can see it in the full report), something FsAcars can not handle at all. It can usually be avoided if you report the flight immediately after setting parking brakes/engine shutdown. Especially do not use replay before stopping the Acars log.
Walter, please read also this post http://www.air-child.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=359&p=1848
and then decide on your own if you would like to use FsAcars or XAcars ;)

Back
Top Bottom