Hercules C130 repaints

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Today 5:07 PM
We have just published a repaint for the Lockheed Hercules C-130 for X-Plane, including download link for the aircraft model and a sound update. Like all X-Plane repaints, it's the work of Hartmut Krüger, and it looks beautiful as always!

Please note that Hartmut has also updated his ATR repaint and that we have added a link for a special widescreen panel.

And while we are at it: the FS9/FSX repaint of the C-130 (CaptainSim) is currently in the make, courtesy of Andrew Williams. I've seen first screens, and they look promising 8)

With the C-130 added to the repaints database, we have at least one repaint for almost all of the aircraft in our fleet, on almost all platforms. ;) Next step in FS9/FSX repaints would be the mass of freeware planes. I will make a special thread this evening where we can collect a list of most used freeware aircraft.

Re: Hercules C130 for X-Plane

Peter Schindler said:
And while we are at it: the FS9/FSX repaint of the C-130 (CaptainSim) is currently in the make, courtesy of Andrew Williams. I've seen first screens, and they look promising 8)

Hopefully have the FSX version at least, in the hangar by the weekend :)

c130_t.jpg

Re: Hercules C130 for X-Plane

Hercules C-130 repaint for FSX has just been released in the . Thanks, Drew!
We still need to convert the textures to FS9. Will be ready by this weekend, I hope.

On my 'next to do' list.
However I don't have the plane for fs9, so you will have to give it a quick test before uploading :)

Very nice repaint indeed - I finally got to take my C-130 (or should we call it a L-100) for a spin. My trip from EKCH to LIMJ was uneventful, but a couple of questions anyway:

1. The company flight plan called for minimum fuel of 4440 kg. I used 6000kg, and didn't have much for diversion, when I came to Genova.
2. I tried to use VASFMC in connection with the plane, but I didn't succeed in making the AP work correctly with VASFMC. When pushing the button on VASFMC the plane turned to an "strange" heading - strange for me, that is :rofl:
3. On final the AP didn't track the ILS for rwy 29.

Torben

Torben Andersen said:
1. The company flight plan called for minimum fuel of 4440 kg. I used 6000kg, and didn't have much for diversion, when I came to Genova.

Thank you for the hint Torben. That was my mistake. Updated now!

Torben Andersen said:
or should we call it a L-100
You are right, Torben. It's mostly referred to as C-130, that's why we didn't think much about it, but the civil version is the L-100, of course.
I will try to change that without messing up everything ;)

Edit: Changed it. Tested fleet overview, map, repaints, flight booking. Looks fine ;)

Back
Top Bottom