FSFK 3.01 and Windows Vista - Loading FS Database

Users Local time
Today 11:05 PM
Hi Everyone, :)

Just wanted to pass some lessons learned trying to make my FS Flight Keeper (FSFK) software work with my Vista Machine.

I noticed that when I loaded my Air Child Flight on FS9, the ACARS would depict the Airfield and Navaids while the FSFK program would have certain options greyed out and Airfield and Jet Route Data would be missing using the World Map Option and the Flight Menu.

The problem lies with Vista and where the program lives in your computer's directory. Even with User Account Control (UAC) Off, Vista still wants to protect programs residing in the Program Files directory. To Combat this, you either A) Select the option "Run the Program as administrator" or B) install FSFK in directly into the C:\ directory outside the C:\Program Files\ directory. Hopefully this will help new pilots employing FSFK save some time and aggravation as they set up their first Air Child flights.

Hope this helps. 8)

Sincerely,

Rudy

Thank you, Rodolfo! I'm sure many Vista users will find that helpful. I will also keep this in mind for the next update of the pilot manual.
What I have learned from Vista so far: run anything as Administrator or it will not work ;)

Back
Top Bottom