to all : freeware repaints

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Tomorrow 12:42 AM
Pilots,
now that we have repaints for most of the popular payware aircraft in FS9 and FSX (right, Level-D 767 and PSS 777 are still missing, but I know that Matej is working on them), we would like to start working on some freeware repaints. There's nothing done yet apart from Milton Shupe's Dash7 and the PA A320.
Now, the question is, where to start? The Avsim library has reopened and there's a wealth of freeware add-ons to chose from, so we would like to know which are the most frequently used by ACH pilots.

Please post your favorite freeware aircraft in this thread, if possible including...
- aircraft type
- developer
- download link (avsim or flightsim.com)
- link to paintkit, if available

Once we have a list of aircraft, we will select the ones to be painted first.
Preferably those with a paintkit ;)

Thanks for your help!

ps: If you would like to offer help with repainting, please send a PM to Andrew or me.

PSS 757 ?? I know its not freeware but still i would love to have it....
CRJ - 700 and 900 from Wilco Publishing ??

OK My dear friends and VA PILOTS the final hours in hangar , before i send tonight the files out
767 and 777
Tonight by Tokyo time....
:devil:

OK My dear friends and VA PILOTS the final hours in hangar , before i send tonight the files out
767 and 777
Hey, that's good news, Matej! I can already smell the fresh paint :)

About the 757 and CRJ's, I can't tell at the moment if they will be included or not. If there is a high demand for any of these, then we may include them. But the next step in fleet extension will be the Embraers, as already promised a while ago.
If you want to fly a 757 I suggest booking the 767 (I think even the performance isn't that much different) and pretend you've flown that one, while actually using the 757 ;)
Of course this is cheating, and therefore no official recommendation!! :lol:

The iFly 747 is a tasty and very professionally done piece of freeware aero-design.
says a bit about it.

That's off the top of my head but I've only recently gotten into payware so I've spent nearly 12-13 years simming simply finding the best for free... I'll collate a list.

If I'm flying it, it's nearly as good as payware, trust me :)

Paz.

James Taplin said:
I'll collate a list.
That's great, James. Just remember to only list those you use frequently.
The purpose of this thread is to have a list of freeware used by many people. We want to avoid making repaints that no one needs.

I understand, however seeing as they're freeware birds maybe people can discover some of the planes off my list if they haven't already. There's a real pleasure to fly something made by people not doing it for money and having it be a real tight and solid product.

Like I said, I'm a freebie lover. Only recently gotten into paying for planes. :rofl:

Paz.

Has there been any developments with these repaints?
I'd be particularly interested in the Project Fokker100
One of my favourite aircraft and when I get my promotion, that will be my aircraft of choice. :yes:

Freek Vandeursen said:
A small preview, what do you guys think?

Looks fantastic.
I can't wait to get some flying in now and get the rank I need for this.
Great piece of work Freek.

Hello there

Happy Easter to all.

I want to refresh the topic and ask. Is it possible to get somewhere ACH repaint for project fokker shown in this thread made by Freek Vander... (sorry tough name :lol:).

I also found lastly 747-400 from Ifly. Does anyone made a repaint for this beauty?

Both repaint for FS9 of course.

Greetings

Hello Julian

Welcome in our Air-Child family. :flowers: . I'm using this fokker without an ach repaint. As I remember there is not possible to contact with Freek Vandeursen which has made the repaint only to try how it looks. There was no official repaint for Fokker 100 from Project Fokker.

Greetings

Back
Top Bottom