Another X-Plane 10 (Linux) user reporting here

Users Local time
Today 4:04 PM
Hello,

I am new here and have, at this momment, a working X-Plane 10.21 in Linux (Debian Wheezy) with many gadgets and plugins run (or trying to run) properly.

Soon I will try to read as much as I can from the forums. Meanwhile, if I can help someone ...

Bye

Perez Santos Eduardo said:
Hello,
I am new here and have, at this momment, a working X-Plane 10.21 in Linux (Debian Wheezy) with many gadgets and plugins run (or trying to run) properly.
Hi+welcome, I'm also an avid Linux user. I use it for all my work; actually I only use Windows for flightsim. I went from Ubuntu to Mint because I don't like Unity nor Gnome3. I follow the development of , although compiling a new release on Linux is quite some work.

I'd like to try X-Plane but it got 2 problems, at least for me: the newest version is quite expensive and you can't just buy a DVD in a regular shop like you can with FSX. They have a demo but I don't want to install a program that has a 15 mins limit :roll: .

Yes, it is expensive, but I recommended it over FS because the flight dinamics and the "sense" of flying. There are now a lot of airports and plane models mostly free, that let you do not expend more money if you don't want.

Do not miss the point that under Linux it works fluid and like a thunder (most of the time I reach 30 or 40 fps). The problem is to make all the plugins and things needed for on-line flying put to work. I expend nearly two months each time I change from distribution to reach this stage. :'(

Now I have the system working and doing well. My system is a 2600 Mhz Quad-Core, 8 Gb RAM with a NVIDIA Gt-560 Ti running on Debian "Wheezy" 64-bits (the better distribution for stability and flavor I ever found for home, work, play and fly on-line).

Linux Mint is not bad, but a bit short. I ditched Ubuntu 12.xx (since 9.xx) because the Gnome 3 thing, problems with python, pulseaudio and a hell of problems only because they want to be the most improved linux. That gave me a lot of problems each software update.

So now I have the system running properly with sound, Teamspeak, XACARS, FS-Economy (X-Economy) and a lot of plugins (32 bits mostly).

I you want to go for it, drop me a line and I will help you to put the system at work. ;)

Bye

Hi,
I expend nearly two months each time I change from distribution to reach this stage.
Yes, these things can be quite cumbersome.
Linux Mint is not bad, but a bit short.
I actually like minimalistic computing. I even threw off almost half of the programs and other stuff that Mint installed. Some people think there should only be "one" Linux like there's one Windows but I actually like having all those choices. If one distribution misses something I just take it from the other.

Back
Top Bottom