New adquisition: Tecnam P92 from dMax3D

Users Local time
Tomorrow 12:32 AM
New acquisition: Tecnam P92 from dMax3D

Hello,

Yesterday, I purchased the little and nice TECNAM P92 from dMax3D, mainly because if all goes well I will taking instruction for the ULM license (planes less than 650 kg) with this aircraft next month.

The plane is very nicely done, and fly very well. The interior is very, very similar to the original. The flight model is wonderful and, I think, accurate enough. DMax3D is the same author that made the Cessna 172, Columbia 400 and Cirrus TheJet, between others, that all we have in our X-Plane 10.

The plane is purely VFR, with the only luxury of the addition of a Garmin GPS and it lacks any form of AUTOPILOT at all ... pure hand-drive. :lol:

To try it in a serious way, this morning I planned a trip VFR crossing from north to south the "Parque Natural Torres del Paine" (Torres del Paine Natural Park) in Chile.

Departuring in early morning from SAWC (El Calafate)and following the lakes and valleys to the south-west to reach the impressive peaks and then south-east, again following the lakes and the valleys, to SCNT (Teniente J. Gallardo).

Special thanks to Ricardo Rementeria for show me this place at least virtually and fly with me on it some days ago. :hi:

The trip is some 85 nm at 2500 feet the first third, to sudden reach 7000 feet for the secure overfly of the peaks (well, fly between the peaks). After that, a slow descent to destination. At some 95-100 knots its took me 1 hour and 12 minutes of impressive landscapes (here, X-Plane is a great help with his render and capacity to follow VFR).

THE IMAGES ARE A BIT LARGE TO THE RIGHT SO, RIGHT-CLICK ON IT AND OPEN ON OTHER WINDOW IF YOU THINK THAT ARE MISSING SOMETHING.

VFR_route.png

Two only VORs, one at departure and one at destination, are of great help in case you were lost or between clouds, normal weather here at the end of the austral winter.

P92eaglet_01.png

The morning is child: 1 celsius degree and freezing. Not to say this plane do not have any ice protection.

P92eaglet_02.png

P92eaglet_03.png

P92eaglet_04.png

P92eaglet_05.png

The sun is rising. Just in time.

P92eaglet_06.png

P92eaglet_09.png

The Torres del Paine on sight.

P92eaglet_11.png

Slowly reaching 7000 feet to pass between the peaks.

P92eaglet_12.png

P92eaglet_13.png

To the right the Cerro Paine Grande.

P92eaglet_14.png

To the left the peaks of the Cuernos del Paine.

P92eaglet_15.png

We left the peaks to our final destination.

P92eaglet_16.png

P92eaglet_17.png

P92eaglet_19.png

Inbound SCNT aerodrome (Teniente J. Gallardo).

P92eaglet_21.png

On sight the lake Nordenskjöld (a north European name at this austral extreme position of the globe).

P92eaglet_22.png

P92eaglet_23.png

P92eaglet_24.png

Great done X-Plane model this Tecnam P92. :)

P92eaglet_25.png

In short final of SCNT. My nose was pointing 5 or 7 degress to the right of the intended course to land ... it seems like a lot of wind down there.

P92eaglet_26.png

This was the end of the flight. :eek:

A nice touch at a rough 210 feet per second but the moment I touch the brakes, the plane goes to his side capsizing. The cross winds (you can see it at the right side of the image) were more than 30 knots, too much for a plane with a weight at takeoff of less than 650 kg.

Conclusion

I recommended the plane for the people who like the Very Small (ultralight) and General Aviation. 10€ is too small amount to miss this wonderful ultralight aircraft.

And I recommended a trip on this landscape in the real, but if you can't afford (as many of us can't), almost do it virtual.

(Sorry about my english) :think:

Bye

Some videos to see the real "Torres del Paine":

Muchas gracias, for this nice videos Ricardo!

Now I'm a little bit sad again, that I had no time for going south of Chile. :'(
I was working in Nacimiento near Los Angeles for some weeks, but I had just time on Sundays to look around in Bio Bio area.
There is many time needed to see all the nice nature places in this Country.
One day I have to take the time :)

Hasta luego :hi:
Daniel

P.S.: That was my absolutely first time, I was sitting in an airplane in year 2006.
(LOWG - EDDF - SBGR - SCEL - SCIE) That was a very long travel

Daniel Mandlez said:
I was working in Nacimiento near Los Angeles for some weeks, but I had just time on Sundays to look around in Bio Bio area.
There is many time needed to see all the nice nature places in this Country.
One day I have to take the time :)
"No dejes para mañana lo que puedes hacer hoy", said my mother... (Do not let for tomorrow what you can do today).
You have many airfields in the area ( ). Take a single or a twin GA and go for it, from the Andes to the Pacific... and back... and go slowly to the South, to the lakes, the volcanos, the fjords... Virtually for now... :think: That's why we like X-Plane, specially 10.22... :lol:

Saludos,

:fly:

Perez Santos Eduardo said:
In short final of SCNT. My nose was pointing 5 or 7 degress to the right of the intended course to land ... it seems like a lot of wind down there.
[imgpop]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2sIkwxOxqcs/UjRZKPfhVSI/AAAAAAAAAGk/SxwGxNal9Nc/s720/P92eaglet_26.png[/imgpop]

This was the end of the flight. :eek:

A nice touch at a rough 210 feet per second but the moment I touch the brakes, the plane goes to his side capsizing. The cross winds (you can see it at the right side of the image) were more than 30 knots, too much for a plane with a weight at takeoff of less than 650 kg.
:lol: Don't worry, Eduardo. It can also happen in real life...
Look at the last seconds of this video:

The landscapes in and are very, very beautiful. But if you are going to fly there (virtual flights, of course) you may never forget to check the weather!!!

Saludos,

Back
Top Bottom