Vatsim question

Users Local time
Today 4:56 PM
As you know the world tour has been going on for a little while now. ATC when available has been good, but sporadic . Is there a vatsim list of all the FIRS ,and a way to contact them requesting ATC support?

Cheers

Maybe need to rephrase the above. I realize that on vatsim All airports are not going to have ATC. If you want ATC you should check vat spy or similar program to see which ATC is online. One option to ensure that you will have ATC coverage is to fly the vatsim events. Another option is to book your flt through vroute which doesn't necessarily mean you will have coverage but let's others know of your upcoming flt. Also you may contact the ARTCC or FIR and possibly arrange for coverage for the date of flt. The latter is what I'm having a little trouble with. Trying to find the ARTCC websites to ask if someone would want to control during our flts. There are many of you more experienced than I am on vatsim. Am I misunderstanding how it works?

Hi David,

I'm not hugely experienced either, but I think you've got it right. Is your problem finding the websites? Or contact information inside them? The way I usually quickly find the ARTCCs or FIRs or vACCs or whatevers is by typing into Google "vatsim *whatever the country I'm flying to*". I've never requested ATC, but I know how it could be done in Vatsim-Scandinavia, and I assume it works similar everywhere. Here's an example of the way I would do it:

I want to fly to Indonesia, but I've never done that before so I don't know what division they belong to. I Google "Vatsim Indonesia (or whatever the country you want)". This time I found VATSEA, Vatsim Southeast Asia division. There I find a link to Indonesia vACC, where I click "Division Information" and "Division Staff Team". They seem to have a lot of staff, but for ATC requests I would contact the Event Coordinator. If the vACC didn't have one, the Director, or whatever the big boss is called, should be a safe bet. They can always forward your request to whoever is responsible for this kind of stuff.

I hope I understood your problem correctly :) In short, I would google "Vatsim *country*" and then look for the Event Coordinator in the vACC's website.

Aleksi

Hey, David!

That's exactly how it works and unfortunately there's no centralized system to do it: pilots still need to trace the vACC individually and ask for coverage. :(

Thanks for the response Aleksi,and Svilen. You understood perfectly Aleksi'. I have problems finding website and contacts. A lot of the websites I seem to get into I either cant read or the links are dead. I will have to do it the way you do to have better results. wish there was a list. Svilen good to see you on the forum. Is Vatrus still active? when I went to that site it looked like no one has posted in over a year. Again I probably was in the wrong site.

Thanks guys

David Higdon said:
I have problems finding website and contacts. A lot of the websites I seem to get into I either cant read or the links are dead.
Yeah, they're sometimes hard to find. Some countries don't even have a working website, or their website can be in their own language only. I haven't flown much outside Europe and North America, but for example South America has been difficult. Probably some parts of Africa and Asia too.

You're not alone ;)

Back
Top Bottom