Users Local time
Today 9:53 AM
Hello :)
just a bit curius, but how many adult is member and how many teens are members here? :)

Hi, in the <FAQ> under <Join> you can read:
Is there an age restriction?
For legal reasons you must be at least 18 years old to be able to join.

So officially all "teens" here would be 18-19. That would be quite a small group. I suspect we also have younger members. What would happen if they told you here? Would they get kicked? I don't know. Legal stuff is often quite scary so I can understand ACH just applying this rule.

I'm a bit curious about the age distribution as well. Though in the whole simmer community. To me it seems that serious simmers can be found anywhere between the ages of 13-85 :D so it's not just "kids' play", quite the opposite.

However, I'd like to know what is the most common age among serious simmers. I myself am in my early 20s and it's funny to learn stuff about simming software from people at the age of 60. Home flight simulators are essentially games after all :p

And I recently started ATCing in Finland. We arranged this one VATSIM event and some of us controlled physically from the same room, so it was somewhat like a "LAN party". And I was probably the only one younger than 35 :rofl:

And I recently started ATCing in Finland. We arranged this one VATSIM event and some of us controlled physically from the same room, so it was somewhat like a "LAN party". And I was probably the only one younger than 35

And why is that?

1. You need money, especially for the better(portable) gear.
2. You need time, lots of it.

So the biggest groups are those consisting of working people and (early) retired ones.

For the rest, I think the age group for flightsim is nearly the same as for flight enthusiasts in general. Considering some can be too young or old to handle a pc of course.

You should see .

Back
Top Bottom