Special VA discount from TOPCAT

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Today 8:51 PM
TOPCAT (one of our sponsors for Unicef) announced that they are giving a special discount of 15% to VA members who are interested in buying their software. Means you can get it for only 15.29 Euro.

TOPCAT is a highly professional standalone software for take-off and landing performance calculations. It also provides you with loadsheets, flight reports, runway tables and lots of additional useful information for serious sim pilots.

To learn more, visit their website at http://www.topcatsim.com
To get the 15% discount enter the coupon code "performance" on checkout.

For complete info check this document: http://www.topcatsim.com/getfile.php?fi ... _Offer.pdf

That's great Peter. It would be nice to get more deals like that for our members, did you already talk to Aerosoft ;)
Pity this software is not my cup of tea, I would rather be flying then doing office work :p

Jeroen

Very kind Proposal from Christian. :yes:

TOPCAT is from my point of view the essential addon for hard simmer.
Each of my Air-child flight had been dispatched with it.

Cheers
Pierre ;)

As with Jeroen, I looked at the software when I saw it on the sponsor list, but all seems too complicated for my level of simming.

Andrew Williams said:
As with Jeroen, I looked at the software when I saw it on the sponsor list, but all seems too complicated for my level of simming.
I only installed the demo, as of now, but will probably buy it. It looks a lot more complicated than it actually is. And there's a couple of things included, you wouldn't expect at first sight. For example, it serves as a load tool because you can send all weights to the aircraft.cfg

Andrew Williams said:

Well it's not the complication of the software that I don't like, hey I mastered some of the heavies a long time ago :p :) , but to start up FS for one flight already takes me about 20 minutes (I have a homecockpit in the making) so to add to that time with another piece of software to be dealed with would be not for me.

But hey, it's a good thing we can get something cheaper here, in these times of recession :thx:

All real Pilots do that at each flight. :yes:

If I should be a lucky Home cockpit owner, :p I would approach the real procedures and couldn't omit the weight and balance briefing step in flight preparation.

I am 50' before block time in flight preparation.

Friendly
Pierre ;)

Now that I've made it to First Officer, I've been meaning to take a look at this software.

Peter mentioned "flight reports" in his description of what it can do, so does this mean I could use it to collect and show a list (better yet, a graph) of my vertical speeds at touchdown?

I visited the TOPCAT website, but didn't manage to find out whether or not this is possible.

David K

David Kernow said:
Now that I've made it to First Officer, I've been meaning to take a look at this software.

Peter mentioned "flight reports" in his description of what it can do, so does this mean I could use it to collect and show a list (better yet, a graph) of my vertical speeds at touchdown?

I visited the TOPCAT website, but didn't manage to find out whether or not this is possible.

David K

David, no this is not possible. TOPCAT is a very good standalone software for take-off and landing performance calculations. But it dosn't observe your flight. Sorry.

If you want to have a tool that's observing your flights, and reporting it to the ACH website, please have a look at FS Flight Keeper. You also will get a discount as a ACH member:
http://www.air-child.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=284

Best regards
Norbert

Well, lads 'n' lasses

picking up on that somewhat outdated thread:

Would you be able to tell me how an Air-Child member nowadays would get the VA discount? The links above are just getting redirected to their new web site, that's all. No opportunities to enter any code or the likes, at least as far as I can find.

Thanks in advance
Hans

Well, the only thing that seems to have changed (i.e. disappeared) is the "special" page. But the coupon code is still the same (see original post on top).
After adding the software to your cart, you'll notice the input field 'Coupon' where you can fill in the .... coupon code ;)
Let me know if there's still problems.

Peter

Hello Peter,
Peter Schindler said:
Well, the only thing that seems to have changed (i.e. disappeared) is the "special" page. But the coupon code is still the same (see original post on top).
After adding the software to your cart, you'll notice the input field 'Coupon' where you can fill in the .... coupon code ;)
Let me know if there's still problems.

Peter

thanks for the reply. I didn't go to the checkout yet, as I assumed that we have to go through that "special" page first. My bad.

Cheers
Hans

Hola fellow aviators!

I have to reanimate and revive this little threat, coz I have a wee question regarding TOPCAT. I checked out the software and found, that it only provided extensive data a few of the aircraft available out there. So... for example there's no 736 or 739 included, nor a 777 or a Dash-8 or an A318, A319 or A321. Quite a few of the high-end aircraft available to us as simmers are not represented in that software.

Does anybody know if or when this list will be expanded?

Right now I am using SimBrief for Briefing and all the "adjacent" calculations (including CI). Still I need a solution that calculates additional landing distances (for the Airbus for example) and derates/flextemps and other performance data. TOPCAT seems perfect for that, but... too few of the A/C I actually and regularly use.

Cheers,

Pete

Back
Top Bottom