Where can I download FS-ACARS

A

Anonymous

Hi there, i'm wondering at the moment where to find the download section containing FS-ACARS.

Thanks in Advance
Stefan

Norbert Woeller said:
Hello Stefan,

uuups! Very good question.
Here: http://www.satavirtual.org/fsacars/

But where can we find the 'fsascars_ACH_install folder' then?

Norbert Woeller said:
Go to "pilot's lounge" / "my profile" on the right side you will see "PERSONAL FILES". Click on it!

I downloaded the file, and I copied it to the main folder of FSascars. But when I started FSX and I wanted to start FSascars, the popup:
'Plane at departure Airport?' appears. When I clicked yes, the popup appeared again, and again, and again :shock:

David, did you turn off the engines and set parking brakes? I think this is obligatory.

Resume log is for if fs has crashed.

From the manual

2.3 Stopping/Resuming Log

Resmume Log: If FS Crashes FSACARS reverts to a pause state and asks you if you want to resume the log. If the answer is yes FSACARS will continue the log. Note: Make sure that the flight is stable before answering yes otherwise FSACARS could log wrong values.

Can you not simply answer 'No' and start a new log?

That's what so weird about it! FSX wasn't crashed! But as an answer of your question: No I can't. When I click 'No', the screen has gone grey, and they aren't any buttons. But the popups: Plane at Departure Airport? and FScrash. do you want to resume log? are keeping coming.

That's indeed weird, David. I'll try to contact Martin and point him to this thread. He's the only one who's tried FsAcars with FSX so far. For him it did work but it didn't make him really happy either.

As I wrote in the announcement, we'll implement XAcars soon and hopefully have a more pleasant pirep tool for FSX then. Also FS Flight Keeper 3 and FsPassengersX aren't too far from release.

Edit: something I just thought of: can you try to position your plane at another airport and see if it happens all the time? Thx.

Hi David, do you have fsacars installed on a remote pc or on the same pc as where fsx is running? I've never tried running fsacars on the same computer as fsx, but i did get the issue once and it was network related. Though it was long time ago i thought it had to do with wideclient not set up correctly.

Trying to remember what happened exactly that time, are you sure the departure airport (ICAO code) is known in fsx and that the plane is indeed on that airport?
So, flightplan is loaded in fsacars etc?
I will try to do a flight later on with fsacars again and see if i can reproduce it

update: Just did a flight with fsacars, everything worked fine till i had to send the log, then i got the 'famous' database errors again.... Luckily i did the flight with fspax also so not completely lost i hope lol.
Moral of this story, maybe don't bother with fsacars and wait for fspax or flight keeper

Sorry to hear that, David. I have to add that FsAcars is really a b*tch (sorry but that's the truth).
Seems to work fine for some people but especially with FSX there's some weird problems.

Even with FS9 it's hard to handle as it transmits data in several small parts. So I have to stitch the parts together in a temp file, read back the file and extract the necessary data to the database. This makes it very hard to debug.

Last question David: do you use the latest version of FSUIPC4 ? I think that's mandatory.

:shock: :( :? :roll:

Well, there's help on the way. XAcars will be included by wednesday, maybe sooner.
Someone will have to test it with FSX anyway. Let's see if that gets us any further.

Back
Top Bottom