Air-Child Europe Tour 2014

Users Local time
Today 11:41 PM
Dear Air-Child pilots,
we are ready to start our Europe Tour 2014. As with the World Tour the destinations are suggestions and may be changed if wanted.
We will fly one leg each week around Europe. We start the tour in Stuttgart EDDS and end the tour in Stuttgart 53 weeks later. This time we have a smaller Airports and shorter legs so that we use smaller Airplanes like B737-700, A318, Dash8, ATR72-500, Twin Otter… Some Airports have really difficult approaches. We have to fly precision and non precision approaches in all kind of weather situations.
As it is very difficult to organize pilots from different time zones into one group for a flight, we thought a more open appointment system will help. This means there is no specific day and time for the flight of the leg - you are able to decide for yourself. You suggest a day and time here in this forum topic and other pilots can join you, or you can join at a time already suggested. During the World tour 2013 this worked quite well - so we leave it like it is. Anyway you are free to change a leg for yourself if you want to go to another airport, which should not be to far away from the original destination.
We start the first leg in the first week of may. This will be week 19 of 2014. I will try to change the leg on friday a week before.

Have fun and always three green….
Your Air-Child staff

Important note!
You may enter the Europe Tour whenever you want! Enter this event at any time, at any leg or just fly only the legs which you want to fly - it is all about having fun with Air-Child. No further restrictions!

The route:

The legs:

1 EDDS, Manfred Rommel, Stuttgart, Germany to LIMJ, Cristoforo Colombo, Genoa, Itlay * 257nm
2 LIMJ, Cristoforo Colombo, Genoa, Itlay to LIEO, Costa Smeralda, Olbia (Sardinia), Italy * 213nm 
3 LIEO, Costa Smeralda, Olbia (Sardinia), Italy to LIRN, Capodichino, Naples, Italy * 217nm
4 LIRN, Capodichino, Naples, Italy to LICJ, Punta Raisi, Palermo, Italy * 175nm  
5 LICJ, Punta Raisi, Palermo, Italy to LMML, Luca, Malta * 156nm 
6 LMML, Luca, Malta to DTTJ, Zarzis, Djerba, Tunisia * 227nm
7 DTTJ, Zarzis, Djerba, Tunisia to DAAG, Houari Boumediene, Alger,  Algieria * 416nm
8 DAAG, Houari Boumediene, Alger, Algieria to LEVC, Manises, Valencia, Spain * 279nm
9 LEVC, Manises, Valencia, Spain to LXGB, Gibraltar, Andalucia, Spain * 305nm
10   LXGB, Gibraltar, Andalucia, Spain to LPMA, Madeira, Portugal * 603nm
11   LPMA, Madeira, Portugal to LPPT, Lisboa, Portugal * 521nm
12   LPPT, Lisboa, Portugal to LPPR, Porto, Portugal * 150nm
13   LPPR, Porto, Portugal to LEBB, Bilbao, Spain * 238nm
14   LEBB, Bilbao, Spain to LFRS, Atlantique, Nantes, Francja * 238nm
15   LFRS, Atlantique, Nantes, Francja to EGJJ, Jersey, United Kingdom * 125nm
16   EGJJ, Jersey, United Kingdom to EGNM, Leeds, Bradford, United Kingdom * 280nm
17   EGNM, Leeds, Gradford, United Kingdom to EIDW, Dublin, Irleand * 167nm
18   EIDW, Dublin, Irleand to EGFF, Cardiff International Airport, Rhosse, Wales * 163nm
19   EGFF, Cardiff International Airport, Rhosse, Wales to EHRD, The Haggue, Rotterdam, The Netherlands * 292nm
20   EHRD, The Haggue, Rotterdam, The Netherlands to EDDB, Schönefeld, Berlin, Germany * 335nm
21   EDDB, Schonnefeld, Berlin, Germany to EKBI, Billund, Danemark * 254nm
22   EKBI, Billund, Danemark to ENZV, Sola, Stavanger, Norway * 220nm
23   ENZV, Sola, Stavanger, Norway to EKVG, Vagar, Sorvagur, Faroe Island * 427nm
24   EKVG, Vagar, Sorvagur, Faroe Island to ENBR, Flesland, Bergen, Norway * 377nm
25   ENBR, Flesland, Bergen, Norway to ESSA, Arlanda, Stokholm, Sweden * 384nm
26   ESSA, Arlanda, Stokholm, Sweden to EFHK, Vantaa, Helsinki, Finland * 216nm          
27   EFHK, Vantaa, Helsinki, Finland to EYVI, Porubanek, Vilnus, Lithuania * 341Nm         
28   EYVI, Porubanek, Vilnus, Lithuania to EPWA, Fryderyk Chopin, Warsaw, Poland * 215nm      
29   EPWA, Fryderyk Chopin, Warsaw, Poland to LHBP, Liszt Ferenc, Budapest, Hungary * 291nm          
30   LHBP, Liszt Ferenc, Budapest, Hungary to LIPQ, RONCHI DE LEGIONARI, Triest, Italy * 258nm   
31   LIPQ, RONCHI DE LEGIONARI, Triest, Italy to LQSA, Butmir, Sarajewo, Bosnia & Herzegovina * 240nm
32   LQSA, Butmir, Sarajewo, Bosnia & Herzegovina to LGKR, Kerkira, Corfu, Greece * 263nm         
33   LGKR, Kerkira, Corfu, Greece to LGSK, Skiathos, Greecce * 169nm        
34   LGSK, Skiathos, Greecce to LGMK, Mykonos, Greecce * 140nm
35   LGMK, Mykonos, Greecce to LGIR, Nikos Kazantzakis, Heraklion, Greecce * 126nm       
36   LGIR, Nikos Kazantzakis, Heraklion, Greecce to LTAI, Antalya, Turkey * 288nm        
37   LTAI, Antalya, Turkey to LCLK, Larnaka, Cyprus * 184nm        
38   LCLK, Larnaka, Cyprus to LLBG, Ben Gurion, Tel-Aviv, Israel * 183nm
39   LLBG, Ben Gurion, Tel-Awiw, Israel to HESH, Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt * 242nm   
40   HESH, Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt to HECA, Cairo, Egypt * 202nm
41   HECA, Cairo, Egypt to OLBA, Rafic Hariri, Beirut, Lebanon * 304nm   
42   OLBA, Rafic Hariri, Beirut, Lebanon to LGSR, Thira, Santorini, Greecce * 516nm    
43   LGSR, Thira, Santorini, Greecce to LTBA, Ataturk, Istambul, Turkey * 315nm          
44   LTBA, Ataturk, Istambul, Turkey to LGTS, Kentriki, Thessaloniki, Greece * 268nm       
45   LGTS, Kentriki, Thessaloniki, Greece to LATI, Mother Teresa, Thirana, Albania * 157nm
46   LATI, Mother Teresa, Thirana, Albania to LYBE, Nikola Thesla, Beograd, Serbia * 206nm
47   LYBE, Nikola Thesla, Beograd, Serbia to UKLL, Lviv, Ukraine * 334nm           
48   UKLL, Lviv, Ukraine to EPKK, John Paul II, Kraków, Poland * 163nm           
49   EPKK, John Paul II, Kraków, Poland to LIPZ, Tessera, Venezia, Italy * 406nm        
50   LIPZ, Tessera, Venezia, Italy to LFMN, Nice, France * 246nm       
51   LFMN, Nice, France to LIME, Orio al. Serio, Bergamo, Italy * 160nm
52   LIME, Orio al. Serio, Bergamo, Italy to LOWI, Insbruck, Austria * 117nm

53   LOWI, Insbruck, Austria   EDDS, Manfred Rommel, Stuttgart, Germany * 121nm

If you are going to fly the leg LEVC to LXGB with the Majestic Dash please see the discussion in the Majestic support forum "VOR DME RADIAL" if you want to receive the GBR DME for the approach to Gibraltar.
Cheers Tom

"I found a solution :) concerning the GBR DME problem
Open the database file nd.mdb with an application like mdb-viewer-plus. Go to the NAVAIDS tab and search for Gibraltar. There you find the GBR with the NAVAID Typ 3 (TACAN) - change 3 to 4 (VOR-DME) and save the file. Now the DASH will show you the DME. If you are on HP27 you will have 0.5nm DME to GBR.
I do not know if this problem occurs with all the Navaids Typ 3? Maybe somebody of the Majestic Crew can tell us more."

From this saturday on I am out of town far away from internet etc. in the italien mountains of piemont. I hope for good weather, sun with nice cumulus, less wind then now - so that i can use my paraglider to fly without any computer just VFR :) So maybe Peter, Norbert or Andrew is able to update the europe tour for the next 2 weeks.
See you then
Salute Tom

Sorry I couldn't make it Tom . Internet has been down since 10am my time due to system maintenance. Having to use my iPhone for this message. :'(

Hello

I have a question. How to do to book a leg from the Tour. I want to fly the 1st Leg but i cant find it in flight search. There isn't EDDS to LIMJ

REGARDS

dAMIEN

Damien Boon said:
Hello

I have a question. How to do to book a leg from the Tour. I want to fly the 1st Leg but i cant find it in flight search. There isn't EDDS to LIMJ

REGARDS

dAMIEN
Hi Damien!
Look at forum topic EUROPE TOUR 2014 Meeting Point you will find there.

Damien Boon said:
Hello

REGARDS

dAMIEN

Hi Damien,
you are very welcome to follow this event. Mostly you will not find the routes in the flight search. You have to build your route by yourself. From time to time the route for an upcoming leg will be provided by another pilot in the . So be free to participate when and where you want - choose the route - if you want log on teamspeak - and discover Europe.
Cheers Tom

Again I have to apologize. I was not able to update the Tour cause I lost usernames and passwords of the admin accounts. Today Peter gave me a bunch of letters, characters and numbers so that I can log in again.
Sorry guys Tom

Hello Air-Child pilots,
due to the server change I am not able to update the Europe Tour in the moment. I have to wait till I get the admin rights and login phrases. I am not sure when this will happen. I let you know. Sorry…
Tom

Hi to all Air-Child pilots,
the Europe Tour is back. Sorry for waiting.
Happy flights and have fun.
Tom :fly:

Back
Top Bottom