TEAMSPEAK - correct download path

Users Local time
Today 1:48 AM
Dear pilots,

during the last group flights some of us had problems with configuring their teamspeak client software freshly downloaded from the Teamspeak website :wall: :eek:uch: . In fact, the website offers a new version, which is version 3 and this is not working well with our Teamspeak server (ver. 2) (correct me, Peter, if I am wrong). But definitely all you need is version 2.

To avoid all these problems, please download the client software version 2, from here:

- and configure it as described in the ACH Pilot Manual.

Have fun,
Rafal

Re: TEAMSPEAK ISSUE - correct download path

Rafal, you are right. TS3 is, also it is public, still in BETA Version and is not compatible with older versions.

Re: TEAMSPEAK ISSUE - correct download path

Some more info: When we started the VA in 2007, TS3 was not available at all and, although announced, no one could say when there would be a first release. So we had to concentrate on TS2.
TS3 is not an upgrade from TS2 but a completely rewritten software. That's why the clients are not compatible with each other.

The public beta of TS3 is available since December 19th. It offers better sound quality and a lot of improvements in administration. That's why we will install and test it in the coming weeks. Anyway, since TS2 works fine for us at the moment, we will not use TS3 officially before a final and stable release is out.

Thanks for posting the download link, Rafal. I will make this post a sticky.

Hi All

Sorry to butt in with a slightly different subject but in regards to Teamspeak i am having difficulty setting up for the Air Child server.
I have a few different Teamspeak servers i chat on so i do know how to set up Teamspeak but no luck so far with Air Childs.
I'm following every step as layed down in the manual...Please could someone assist

Thanks
Gerard Busschers
ACH0282

Gerard, does it not connect to the server (air-child.com) at all, or does it not accept your login? Do you get any messages?

May sound stupid but also make sure you have the TS client for version 2, not 3 (see above; but if you use Teamspeak for other communities, you probably have the right client).

Hi Peter

I get a "ERROR" message when i try log...thats is i do not get logged in at all.
And yes i am using Teamspeak 2.

cheers

Can you try again and post here what the message says? Thx.

We use port 8767 which is standard, as far as I know. Anyway, check that it's ok with your firewall. You can also try to use the server IP 213.178.161.42 as host, in case there's a problem with the domain name. Other than that I have no better idea :S

I'm getting "Bad Login (Password or Name incorrect)"...as far as i know i have it all correct though:
Nickname: ACH0282 Gerard Busschers
Password: My website password

:lol: I just noticed that :lol:
Tried to login with your ID and was told that user is already logged in .....

Glad you got it solved.

Hi!
I can now use Teamspeak for the future online events. :p
I've made a test with Norbert yesterday.
It was great to at last hear him, even though my oral english is worse than wrote.

I didn't encounter trouble to install and configure Teamspeak. (Using TS 2 RC2)

Cheers
Pierre

Each time i login into TS there is nobody there :D

Let's try flying with TS active always, there are seperate rooms for flying online and offline if needed...

Szymon, normally our Teamspeakserver is busy during ACH group flights or events, but of course it can be used at any time, so when you see a fellow pilot on-line you can always invite him to join teamspeak by a chatbox.

There is no general rule to be logged at teamspeak - it's just an extra tool we have at hand 8)

:hi:

Pierre Chassang said:
I can now use Teamspeak
bienvenu dans le monde des bavards! :lol:
Rafal Bardel said:
when you see a fellow pilot on-line you can always invite him to join teamspeak
I'm thinking of setting up 2 or 3 guest users, so you can also invite non-members. We could publish the passwords in a members section and change them from time to time. How about that?

I've flied few long events in private, that was moslty World Travel by Drzewiecki Design (DDAT WF), on witch we had 122.55 on com2 "reserved" for event chat, witch included voice. Bad thing is that You need to have com2 in airplane, have option to spare that radio on event chat or event "unicom" party AND that work only around 200nm from each plane - so to hear and be heared all aircrafts in event need to be within 200nm range.

BTW: if someone want join this years event - its just after half way, remaining pilots (2 of them actually + addition of me and mr. Drzewiecki if we manage to catch them) today will or just landed in KLAX - rest of route is Mexico, then Carribean, Florida, east coast, Greenland, island, Norway, Sweeden and last flight to Poland. We have 3 planes suitable for participating (that mean criuse speed, range and landing lenght) witch are L100, ATR-72 and Dash-7. Actually Dash should be best and L100 with ATR need little more space to land and start so they may need to find 2 or 3 alternate airports from route - mostly because of Saba island, if You know what i mean :)

Too bad u don't use TS3 because i use it for another VA and it works just fine. Never let me down and is working perfectly....

Back
Top Bottom