X-Plane Updates

Users Local time
Today 3:01 PM
Hello. I've decided to open a topic where everybody write about updates of x-plane.
I use X-Plane 9.41 at the moment. I don't have trouble with this version and so I'm lucky with it.

A new update for X-Plane is available.
X-Plane 9.42
New for X-Plane 9.42:

No extra drag for jet engine nacelles, as was always intended.
Rain, hail damage, birdstrikes, sun glare on scratches on the windshield should now cover all of the monitor, no matter the screen res... let me know if you find a case where this does not happen!

Control-s in Plane-Maker to save the plane... any time.
Kind of convenient.

Fixed: Mouse won't jump when fly-by-mouse is selected.
Fixed: Draped lit orthophotos become lit all at once.
Fixed: Idle speed dataref works on turboprops.
Fixed: Landing lights start off - better for panels without lan-light switches.
Fixed: Generic text instrument works with "mechanical" lighting now.
Fixed: Key frame table works right with generic rotary push button.
French translation improved.

X-Plane 9.43
Nur einen Tag später ein weiteres Update. Hat sich wohl ein Bug eingeschlichen ;)
X-Plane 9.43 is here!

the helos should be flying fine now

and now, when you enter GPS destination, the system should plot the
course IN FRONT OF YOU a good solid 30 seconds of flight.
THIS will give you time to ARM the localizer function of the autopilot
so the plane will CAPTURE the plotted course... as is the standard
convention.

X-Plane 9.44 Beta

If you would like to test a Betaversion of X-Plane you can update to 9.44. But be careful becuase it's a betaversion. There can be bugs.
9.44 is here now for beta-testing.. grab the installers below and be sure to check the BETA box!

New stuff:

Sun glare and iced windshield fill the whole windshield. Fix for crash when paged orthophoto scenery uses tiny textures. Fix for crash on Windows during scenery shift when the machine is very heavily overloaded. GPS nav course plots the course 30 seconds in advance to give you time to set up for the capture.

Will grab template from Andreas :)

X-Plane 9.45 Beta

If you would like to test a Betaversion of X-Plane you can update to 9.45. But be careful becuase it's a betaversion. There can be bugs.
X-Plane 9.45 beta is here

Just a few speed optimizations, and the ability to control individual throttles on multi-engine helos.

A new round for Beta-tester ;)

X-Plane 9.50 Beta
New stuff:

NAVAID editing works perfectly... add new DMEs, markers, etc, in the MAP screen in EDIT mode and have them all added and working perfectly without having to re-start X-Plane!

Tiny change to an autopilot instrument for the little 'alert' message to come up at just the right times.

Replay works as you expect, evern if you are paused when you enter replay mode.

Flight data recorder works properly with the CALI statements, even if the real elevation of the ground is different than the elevation in our scenery database.

Less wind shear in direction from real weather... should make planes more manageable.

Space shuttle GPS operational.

Custom transmission pressure and temperature limits settable in Plane-Maker.

Custom mast torque instrument limits settable in Plane-Maker as well.

The current livery is available as a dataref.

Even more customizable airport lights for airplane authors.

HUD instruments will hide if inside a group that is hidden - customize your HUD.

Tuned: load time improvements on Windows.

No more stutters while flying for a long time in one area.

Objects were rotated a fraction of a degree, now fixed.

Not really a update of x-plane, but for a very important plugin of x-plane.
The final version of xsquawkbox 1.0.3. had been released yesterday. To fly online on VATSIm please update your squawkbox.
To download use this link:

Be careful with version 9.60rc2
I've used it some days ago, and I must go back version 9.55 because of too much problems (QuickTime recordings, hangs, and so on). Wait some days, read the comments of the users, and then decide what to do. You will know then if it's secure to use it.

I've updated to 9.60rc2 and I don't have problems. Everything works fine.
@Ricardo: Do you've tested it again or do you still use 9.55??

I am still using version 9.55 because there are many people with problems with version 9.60rc2, specially users of MacOS X (that's the OS I am using). And no, I have not tried it again.
It's not only X-Plane, it's the combination of X-Plane with the operating system. Mostly with MacOS X, just like the problems of the Mac-version of X-IvAp (you cannot see the other aircrafts because the CLS doesn't work properly).
On my computer I could use Windows 7 (it's a MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2,8 GHz with 8 GB RAM) only to use the Windows version of X-Plane, but the idea to do that..., hm, hm... no..., I don't like the idea... :no:

Yesterday I used the updater (no beta option), to version 9.60rc2... After that big troubles :x
What to do? Everything again, a clean install from my CD's? At that point I had nothing more to lose, thus... updater again, but now with beta option on... to version 9.61rc1... Surprise, surprise... everything is working fine again :rofl:
Flight with B744 from LTBA to EHRD and no problems at all. Knock, knock, knock...

EDIT: X-Plane with MacOS X 10.6.4 on a MacBook Pro 2,8 Intel Core 2 Duo with 8 GB RAM

Back
Top Bottom