New pilot

Users Local time
Today 3:39 AM
Hello fellow simmers,

I am just new to this VA and I have a question:

I tried my first flight via xacars, using the Majestic Q400 (since I don't own the Otter).
But even with the latest update of xacars installed, it will start tracking (message: "tracking has
started..", but from there nothing changes. I got the flightdata, and the Air Child cfg-file is in place.

Can anyone shine a light on this?

Regards,

Wijnand Lindelauf ACH1587 (EHBK)

Hi& welcome Wijnand.

The Majestic is known to cause problems with flight tracking. This is caused by the special flight dynamics it has. These circumvent the normal dynamics of FSX.

You can search this forum for it, various members had these problems. As far as I know, there's no solution. Another member even asked the XACARS team to implement special code for the Majestic. But nothing came out of that.

I would advise you to use another Twotter replacement. I use the free Manfred Jahn Basler (DC-3) for it. It can be found on flightsim.com.

I use another tracking system and have zero problems with the Majestic Dash. Flightkeeper is my choice. And the Dash will be my first choice for the short Europe Tour leg's.
Cheers Tom

ps. I have to correct myself a bit, there are problems with flight keeper but the problems only concern the pilots rating cause the readouts for several events does not work properly, like strobes on or off, gerar overspeed, altimeter settings etc. I think this is cause there is no SDK released for this plane. Same problems with the PMDG B777. With the PMDG NGX 738 everything works fine, but there is a SDK.

Agree with Tom, FS Flight Keeper is my best choice.

Regards
Pierre ;)

Back
Top Bottom