PMDG 747/8 i/f Air-Child repaint`?

Users Local time
Today 2:03 AM
Well the topic says it all. Now as the PMDG 747/8 has been released it would be nice to fly it in Air-Child repaint! Someone want to make? :)

ACH livery is simple, but quite hard to make :)
I'm currently making Dash-7 for XPL9 livery. But it's quite hard anyway, even if it's easier to do than in FS.

Is there any difference between old and new 747 in model design? I tought that main diff is in cockpit design, i mean inside of plane...

Joakim..
I originally did the livery for the PMDG 747. I didn't even know a new model had been released :think: As I don't fly the 747 any more, preferring the MD-11, I won't be purchasing the expansion pack.

Also, I've just checked, and the paint kit isn't available for the model yet.

When the paintkit is released, if someone wants to use the photoshop files and modify them to fit the 800 paint kit, they are more than welcome :up:

Szymon Kurzacz said:
Is there any difference between old and new 747 in model design? I tought that main diff is in cockpit design, i mean inside of plane...

From the PMDG website:-
*Note: This product is a visual model extension that uses the underlying PMDG 747-400X simulation for the flight, cockpit and systems models. This product is not intended to simulate the difference in flight characteristics between the 747-400 and the 747-8. This product allows the user to add a high fidelity visual model of the 747-8 to their Flight Simulator X experience.

Bumpy.
The 748 kit is released on the PMDG site. If someone want to paint feel free to!

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/d ... tkits.html

Thanks for the info, Joakim. I'm currently downloading the kit. I don't have the 748 but if it does not differ much from the 744 paintkit we can adjust those 744 textures "blind", then someone who has the aircraft will have to test the repaint.
I will post back after checking the paintkit.

Quick status report here: I've checked the paintkit. Aircraft shape is the same (surprise) but the scale of the 748 template is about 2 times as large as the 744 template. We could easily scale the 744 repaint down and attach it to the 748, but enlarging it would render the textures ugly.
So it has to be a new repaint, still based on the 744 and thus faster than making it from scratch. In short: we will make it, but don't expect it next week.
;)

ps: once more, this paintkit from PMDG is perfect for repainting. Why can't all add-on developpers map their 3D models that way?? :?
I just say this because you may wonder why we don't have more freeware repaints. That's why!

Back
Top Bottom