HUB INSPECTION III - SANTIAGO DE CHILE - Feb 21

Users Local time
Today 3:43 PM
Hi all,

The third inspection is comming up - Sunday 21at of February, starting time 13:00 UTC.
Time to plunge into the mysterious surroundings of South America.

After a bit of research, I'd like to suggest the following route:

SCTE (Puerto Montt), a small but cosy airport in the south, hosting small to medium aircraft, but a widebody will be accepted this time - SCEL (Santiago de Chile), 503 miles. A nice short haul with the coast on the left and mountains on the right (if the wather allows ;) ) More information on the SCTE airport available

Rte: KARAK VW200 VLD UT108 ESCOT, available FL 250 - 600 (in case someone wanted to fly a Concorde :mrgreen: ).

I've done a bit of research and test on the FS2004 sceneries available and here's what I found:

SCTE - www.flightsim.com, search for scte_20.zip
SCEL airport: www.flightsim.com, search for SCEL-6a.zip and AF2_scel.zip (read the included instructions how to install the afcad update)
City of Santiago:

There are also alternative files available both on www.flightsim.com and www.fs2000.org, but I haven't tested them. These sites also offer sceneries for FSX.

To get come the charts both for SCTE and SCEL click .

You can also fly-in from another airport, if you wish, all aircraft departing from SCTE at 13:00 UTC should be arriving at SCEL around 14:40, so try to be there at this time.

See you on-line. Make Teamspeak busy! :D

ALL ACH PILOTS WELCOME!!!

:hi:

It looks like there is only 1 scel for X-Plane for 8.4 version so may not work in 9, but need to test. Probably will convert FS scenery.

And according to flight. I will probably go nonstop from Poland or France witch is over 6 or 7 knm (yess, thats more than 12h of flight :devil: ) Just need to get freeware A340 for XPL9, poor 747 will not handle that distance (anyway in safety limits, max range for 747-400 is 7200nm or 7600nm for ER) A340-300 is just little better counting 7400nm with max load. :D

I just hope this scheduled power maintenance in our city this coming Sunday would be rescheduled by next day or its done already by morning so that I could catch the inspection.. ;)

Szymon Kurzacz said:
..I will probably go nonstop from Poland or France..
Szymon it's really killer route, WAW-SCL:

SOXER UN869 NEMOS Y58 GVA G5 AUCHE G17 BTZ UP181 NEA UL14 ELVAR G7 ESP B18 SNT UN741 FLZ UW43 BRS W10 GOI W29 CGR A430 PTP W1 CON VINOS UM799 ASIMO

7164 Nm, approximately 14:20 - halleluiah..Charles Lindbergh the second. :lol:
(Although Iberia and Air France offer direct flights from Madrit and Paris using the mentioned A346)

Saturday morning I will try to get there from the area of western Mediterranean Sea (roughly) in two stages. Firts one to Fortaleza Pinto Martins SBFZ, well...hard, but acceptable 7h something. ;) Just right enough for "my" VH-KDO :)
The second stage (Sunday) will lead directly to Puerto Montt, to catch the 1300Z flight to Santiago. ;)

If i will not get freeware a340 for xpl9 ill go from Paris, because of fuel - 744 according to my calculations should fly for about 7000nm with no cargo, from Paris its bit less than 7000, so will be safe to fly from there...

Will go from Madrit in B744.

Dist: 5901nm
Est. tot. time: 12h 30m
Est. dep. time: 0000Z
Est. arr. time: 1300Z

Rte:
BOSIO UN857 GOTOR UN975 TLD G7 CCS UN975 NARTA B18 RULET UN975 SNT UN741 FLZ UN43 BRR W2 FRONT UW43 BSI UB688 URP UB695 KALAD W2 VAS A428 SIS UA307 TREJO A307 DOZ UA306 RIBLA

Any volounteers to acompany me during night flight? :)

Little finish, with bugged scenery :D

And my little xacars again logged wrong data after connection problems few hours before landing...
Unlukly there is no other option for XPL to log flights. Most important is that i had 30T of fuel left and flight is scored at all... :)

Hi all,

Thank you for sending your reports. A full version has been compiled now, but due to the recent events in Santiago, it will be published when the operations at SCEL have been fully resumed in real. Thank you for your understanding.

:hi:

Back
Top Bottom