Live Watch update

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Today 11:47 AM
The script code for the live map has been rewritten in great parts. Although you will not notice much difference, at first sight. The main change is that the flight tracking updates do not cause a reload of the page itself (and thus the map) anymore. Acars data is getting fetched in the background and only the flight tracks and plane icons are redrawn.
This happens automatically every 30 seconds, so there is no more "reload" button. It doesn't necessarily mean that all aircraft icons are repositioned every 30 seconds because the FS add-ons send their data only every one or two minutes.

Apart from improved performance, there's other advantages: if you zoom in to some point, the track update will not reset the zoom level anymore. Your map just stays where it is. Also, if you chose another map display (i.e. terrain map) or activate labels overlay, it will stay with that display mode.

There's one known issue at the moment: sometimes the server does not respond within the required time and, instead of the track redraw, there will be a blank map and the message "No active flights" on top. Just wait a few seconds and it should be drawn again. If the message stays there all the time, however, there's a good chance that there really are no flights ;)

Should you notice other issues, please report them.

Great job Peter... :clap: these issues annoyed me for some time and I am glad you resolved them.

Back
Top Bottom