Destinations

This evening (5/12) there is venice app online :wink:

Any chance of some shorter 747 cargo flights? Shortest at the minute is over 4hrs :D A couple of 2-3 hour ones would be nice :thx:

Norbert Woeller said:
Gian Marco and Carlos, please have a look at the routing of the new added F100 (OE-BVI) in Vienna. There are some flights From and to Vigo and some Italien flights. More Vigo and Italien flights will follow.

Awesome :thx:

Gian Marco and Carlos, please have a look at the routing of the new added F100 (SE-MPE ) in Stockholm. There are some more flights From and to Vigo and some Italien flights.

Have fun!

I would love to see VHHX as an eastern Asia hub or at least destination. I love to fly there with older 747s (200 and 300). Also airplanes like the concorde or 707 or any other classic airliner fit great there...

cheers,
tobi

@Tobi: so you say you want to land anything here ???

kaitak.jpg

Hope you have a solid gear! :p :p

personally, I wouldn't add Kai-Tak to the regular destinations but maybe we could call it "special ops" ;)

Aha, so you have found the thread :)
I already wanted to point you there because of your hub request...

No harm meant, but having a hub at a non-existant airport wouldn't that appear a little .... incompetent? ;) I'm not a defender of ultra-realism but I think a "modern" VA should have actually existing hubs, at least. Just my personal opinion, of course. Norbert, for example, still thinks that Don Muang VTBD is the international airport of Bangkok :p :p

Flying there is no problem at all. Just having a hub there is ;)

Honestly I don't know how those ACH hubs will develop over time. At the moment we don't plan "pilot/member management" via hubs, as some VA's do. Right now a hub only means that there is a base for a group of aircraft and a certain concentration of scheduled flights to and from it.
But already trying to schedule SID/STARS with current AIRACs for non-existent airports is difficult. Also things like online ATC coverage should play a role, and I'm not sure if there is any Vatsim/Ivao service at KaiTak at all :think:
However, we'd like to hear other opinions. Anyone?

Edit: moved the topic out of Beta section

No major contribution in this thread ;)

ATC coverage is sometimes provided, for details you have to check with Hong Kong FIR. I understand the flightplanning issue. But for the moment, CH still exists and is an important waypoint in the Hong Kong Area, but I don't know how long that will last. More than that VOR and two NDB's aswell as the IGS-Signal what is provided by the scenery (i think) is not needed.

I'm just considering the facts, that Hong Kong Kai Tak has both excellent freeware and payware scenery what is kind of a factor for deciding where to fly to. Few facts about the other airports. Tokyo has good free and payware scenery aswell but is a bit far off to the east of asia, Bangkok (Suvunusomewhatairport) has "medium" quality freeware scenery but is positioned near many major airports where one could build up an interesting route network.Chep Lap Kok has "better than medium" quality scenery coverage and is positioned I would say like Bangkok with the opportunity for many interesting routes just a bit more to the north with more International Traffic.

More Kai Tak stuff here ;)

http://www.flyingtigersgroup.org/Cathay/KaiTak.htm

cheers,
tobi

Tobias Niederhauser said:
No major contribution in this thread ;)
Seems so. Most people (including me) often prefer to wait for a decision and rant afterwards :lol:

Thanks, Tobi, for these informations. Basically I still agree with you. Kai Tak is (was) a great atmospheric airport with a unique approach through the city and, compared to it, Chek Lap Kok is pretty boring. :) Also the sceneries from (free) and are among the best fs sceneries ever. However, there's another "problem" I found with Kai Tak, which is AI traffic. I don't know for the FlyTampa scenery (don't have it) but for all others you have to manually install AI traffic if you want to have some. A task that can be pretty annoying for the unexperienced (at least for me it was).

Anyway, a good solution I can think of is to provide scheduled connections to Chek Lap Kok and include routes for Kai Tak, so you can chose which airport to use and still have scheduled routes to Kai Tak on top of the charters. In that case Norbert has to say if that's possible on the dispatch side, and I have to look into the scripts (you can do that too, of course) how to include those routes.

And for all the Kai Tak fans: here's a really nice video made by the 9Dragons Group - "Kai Tak Reloaded"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z7Bf3z5fbY

Peter Schindler said:
Anyway, a good solution I can think of is to provide scheduled connections to Chek Lap Kok and include routes for Kai Tak, so you can chose which airport to use and still have scheduled routes to Kai Tak on top of the charters. In that case Norbert has to say if that's possible on the dispatch side, and I have to look into the scripts (you can do that too, of course) how to include those routes.

Good idea. Norbert, what do you think?

cheers,
tobi

Hello Tobi,

first of all, sorry for my late answer, but I`m working outside, and I only have access to the net for some minutes the day.

Because there are no SID and STARS in the actual ARIAC for Kai Tek, I would prefure more sheduled flights to VHHH. So everyone who wants to fly to Kai Tek, can use the VHHH routes and have only to change the last waypoints.

VHHH is also a good airport for a stop for flights from Europe to Sidney, (our upcomming HUB in Australia). So you can expect much more flights to VHHH.

Best Regards
Norbert

I think I can accept that solution :rofl: I like to fly the short to medium range Hong Kong routes like Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Manila, Tokyo, Taipei...

cheers,
tobi

Back
Top Bottom