new route map

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Today 1:07 PM
I just inserted a new google map that shows all our flight connections between airports. You will find it in the dispatch menu.

Here's how it works:
per default our central hub, EDDK, will be selected and all connections from/to EDDK are drawn on the map. Orange markers are "simple" destinations, light blue markers are hubs.
Once you click on any of the markers, the map will redraw and show all destinations from the now selected airport. And so on.
Alternatively you can enter an ICAO airport code in the input field, top right.
On top left you can see the selected airport ICAO with links "from" and "to". Click on that, and it will take you to the flight search, with the respective airport pre-selected as departure or arrival.

Hope it's useful.

The tests went well with all browsers I have at hand (FF,Opera,Safari), except IE8 (even in compatibility mode). However, I realized that also the Live Map doesn't show properly in IE8. That's why I decided to publish the route map anyway. No idea what's wrong with IE8 (a lot I guess) and no idea if/when I can work out a fix. Until then, if you use IE8 and still want to see the maps: DO NOT use IE8! :p :)

As usual, if you find any other bugs, please report here. Thx.

Back
Top Bottom