ACH register at IVAO?

Hello Ricardo,

I fully agree with you :lol: for me it's just a joke.

But I wrote several mails with arguments after arguments, told them that in reality a CEO has not enough time to fly in such amount of hours, he has to organize his company, ......

I don't write here what I really think ..... :devil:

Martin

Ricardo Rementería Troncoso said:
well, the requester of the registration process
- must have an IVAO id
- must be online on IVAO since min. 6 months
- min 50 flight hours online
- min rating of PP (private pilot), this means an exam in theory and practical flight exam
- must be the CEO of the VA
- all pilots must be online on a certain amount of hours per month

These requirements are ridiculous.
It means the CEO of the VA is the only person who may request the registration, AND he must have an IVAO id, online since min. 6 months, min 50 flight hours online and min rating of PP.

I always though a CEO was an organizator, a manager, but those guys from IVAO want a virtual pilot in that function. I wonder if all the CEO's of IVAO's registrated VA's really fulfill that profile.
Actually, I think those requirements are bullshit.

Let's fly!!! :fly:

Greetings Ricardo,

saying that something is wrong or ridiculous is easy giving reasons why we think that is a little harder, but i will try say you why I agree with those rules.

- must have an IVAO id -> i think is logical, we are applying to an organization you even had to make a registration here to fly with Air-child, why not a VA in IVAO

- must be online on IVAO since min. 6 months -> logical again, at least to me... i think that you should know how thinks work in IVAO, how to work with our software how to move in IVAO so you can pass that knowledge to your VA

- min 50 flight hours online -> i think is that same I wrote above, and is minimal not 50h a week a month or year, is minimal to registration

- min rating of PP (private pilot), this means an exam in theory and practical flight exam -> i could agree with you in this one but not in a "ridiculous" sense

- must be the CEO of the VA -> someone have to give the face for the VA... why not the CEO?? :think:

- all pilots must be online on a certain amount of hours per month -> i confess i never understood this rule but at least i never saw a VA been out of IVAO because of this one

Now about your comments, and in advance excuse me if i sound rude or something.
I personally know dozens of VA CEO's/Managers in IVAO and in Vatsim and i do can guarantee you they are avid virtual pilots for sure much more then you and with deep knowledge about all things concerning with online flight some of then even real life pilots or controllers just because this is a hobby... you aren't talking about a big organization with hundreds of roles... what is ridiculous is a VA CEO that isnt a virtual pilot!
(1) The airline management supports VATSIM and encourages their pilots to use VATSIM approved software for flying on the VATSIM network.
(2) Many of thier pilots regularly fly online, giving the airline a presence on the VATSIM network.
(3) The airline must have been in existence for at least three months.
(4) Each airline has 10 or more pilots with a verified VATSIM PID/CID, listed in an easy to find roster or rosters (if hub based), who fly actively on the VATSIM Network.
(5) Each airline displays a VATSIM logo, with link, on their website homepage, preferably in a conspicuous location. Get logos here.
(6) No VA website will attempt to install or alter any software on a client user's system.
(7) All VAs must maintain an active email address in which they can be reached.

where are the Vatsim requirements that a VA must meet, I do agree with some some i dont. You see those guys in Vatsim are ridiculous too ;)

please dont bring those old flames to Air-Child we all would lose with that but most important the children that we can support with our flights would lose

Yes lets Fly in a hobby that unites us
Lets Fly for UNICEF not for IVAO or VATSIM but with IVAO and VATSIM

Luis, I am feeling the course of your argumentation is "a bridge too far" for me.
Why do you bring VATSIM in this one?

Anyway, you are (consciously?) missing my point.

The requirements of IVAO for the requester of a VA-registration let only one person to do it, the CEO.

What if our CEO is a brilliant organizator and manager but not a daily virtual pilot?
What if our CEO has no time to virtual fly because of his/her real world life (work, family, etc.) and all his/her free time is invested in managing our VA?

The rules of IVAO let no space for other approach, and that's RIDICULOUS. You already say it: it's a hobby.

Please, if you want to discuss my comments, it's fine, but do it to the point.

Guys,

are you sure the stated IVAO requirements are the correct / valid ones to begin with? Who from IVAO side confirmed them or what kind of contact with IVAO has taken place?

Please do not even open any discussion IVAO vs Vatsim, there are other forums for this. I agree with Ricardo that in case those stated IVAO requirements are valid and that only CEO of the VA has to comply with them, I would consider such requirements ridiculous as well.

Jan Betlach said:
are you sure the stated IVAO requirements are the correct / valid ones to begin with? Who from IVAO side confirmed them or what kind of contact with IVAO has taken place?

You can read it here, at the official WWW-site of IVAO: http://www.ivao.aero/db/airline/intro.asp

Saludos,

:fly:

Edit: It can't be clearer: "The person filling the following application MUST BE the actual CEO of the VA. Applications sent from persons other than the CEO, even if VA staff members will be rejected."

What if our CEO has no time to virtual fly because of his/her real world life (work, family, etc.) and all his/her free time is invested in managing our VA?

That's true. If you will have a look at Peters or mine flighttimes, you will see that we don't have much time to fly. But the maine reason: We don't have a CEO and we don't want one, because we are thinking that we don't need one. If you will take a look at our "about us" page you will find this one:

"Air-Child will always be formed by its members, not by its management. If you want to contribute to the development and structure of the company, just go ahead. We don't have a jobs page and no official positions to assign. If you regularly contribute to the VA with new ideas or repaints or coding help or any kind of feedback, you may eventually find yourself being a part of the staff. Just like that."

That's one of the most important Air-Child basic principles, along with this one:

"be a non-restrictive virtual airline for everybody, with a flat organizational structure"

To be a virtual airline for everybody means that there is no CEO who tells all other the way to go. We try to please as much member wishes as possible. That's our goal and that's make us happy.

Best regards
Norbert

i just brought Vatsim as an example and like IVAO they have rules too.

and i think i'm not missing your point, you clearly dont agree with Ivao VA registration rules, and i just wrote why i agree with then like i do agree with Vatsim rules.

I'm just missing your point, and not consciously, about CEO part. I just have read all the rules in IVAO and in any part of then i read that the CEO must be a daily virtual pilot and have to have time to fly in IVAO, regarding flying time there is only one rule and is for VA-system which is "VAs are required to log per week at least Nº of users X 2 hours = Required hours" in any part it says that is CEO flying hours, and they are really clear about that when they say "It does not mean each user must fly 2 hours, it means the total of hours flown by the company must be calculated with this formula. This is the minimum required to maintain their membership status in our Virtual Airlines System"

the "must be CEO" rule exist because in past everyone could registry a VA and i think you understand that in a rigid VA that can bring problems if the owner of the VA dont want to registry the VA with Ivao, and there arent that much VAs that have a flat structure like in Air-child

we are a different VA we dont have a rigid managing structure but for Ivao one of the founders would be considered the CEO/Owner

It looks like we will not register our VA at IVAO if they cling to their actual rules (mainly about the CEO).
If so, I think the proposition of Martin is a good one:
on IVAO we can help the ATC a little bit:
Please notice in your flightplan under Remarks your callsign for this flight, for example:
"callsign ACH7349 (spoken: airchild7349)"

Saludos,

Hi all,

I had contact with two person of the IVAO "headquarter", still discussing with them the serveral points and told them to visit our homepage, to see what we are, how many pilots and flights and that we fly for children.....
The rules are, mmhh, okay, only the point with the CEO is a little bit strange. Like in the real world we need keyusers who have a little bit more experience like others and who help other va members.
I also told them that I can send them a copy of my real flying licence so they know that I know how flying a plane is done.... :D
Well, the discussion is still open, if someone what's to join please send mail to va-system@ivao.aero or to cedric.cumenal@ivao.aero.

Anyway, please don't discuss too emotional, it's our hobby and we love it and we love Air-Child :!:

And, as i posted some days ago, flying on IVAO and increase knowhow with that software etc is possible. When you put in the flightplan under remarks your call sign "ACHxxxx Airchild xxxx" this helps the atc. On the flight routes between LOWI, EDDM, EDNY, EDDP and EDDW they already know the callsign :rofl:

But you can also choose Vatsim, it's your personal feeling....

Thanks and have always good landings :) :hi:
Martin

Hello,

nor Peter or me have the time to fly 50 hours on IVAO. But I think it would be no problem to make someone to the "CEO" for the duration of the registration ...if this will be accepted by IVAO. :?

Please allow me a short explanation why I don't fly on IVAO:
I'm shur there are much gentle people like on VATSIM. But I began flying online 1999. At this time IVAO was a little organisation, with much less controllers then VATSIM (named SATCO in former times). I tried both in 1999 and made my decision for SATCO. After all this years, I have met many controllers and it's allways a pleasure to meet them again. That's all! But importand for me.

Best Regards
Norbert

Norbert Woeller said:
no problem to make someone to the "CEO" for the duration of the registration ...if this will be accepted by IVAO.

We don't need to do that, Norbert. Let's go on with our VA without "CEO" or hierarchical structures, we love it like it is. We do not need to cheat or "to do as if". :?

The guys at IVAO must look around and they will see us on their network, at the top of the ranking of the VA-list and high in the search results at Google. It's their problem, not ours... :yes:

Saludos,

We do not need to cheat or "to do as if"

Hello Ricardo,

no, I don't want to cheat. That's why I wrote "...if this will be accepted by IVAO." But yes, it will be ridiculous.
But I try to give our members, who want to fly on IVAO, the chance to do it. Hm, hopfully IVAO will have a look at our VA, and will see, that there is no need for a CEO to get many gentle people from all over the world together...

Sorry to bother is still possible to add Airchild to IVAO virtual sky.
Unfortunately the rule want that only the CEO email the request here the requirment.
https://ivao.aero/rulregs/va-r-r.asp
Thank's
Fabrizio

Fabrizio Pascucci said:
Sorry to bother is still possible to add Airchild to IVAO virtual sky.
Unfortunately the rule want that only the CEO email the request here the requirment.
https://ivao.aero/rulregs/va-r-r.asp
Thank's
Fabrizio

+1 ;)

Hm,
as Ricardo said - ACH has no CEO and actually ACH do not want or need one. So IVAO will be quite difficult if they want to have fulfilled their rules.
Cheers Tom

Hi Fabrizio,

I was in contact with the IVAO staff last year about this issue, their rules are very strict to register as VA.
AirChild has no CEO and you need to fly a lot of hours reguarly.
So I gave up, for me flight simulation is a game to have fun :D

But, you can register at IVAO and fly there, operate with AirChild callsign, that's possible.

BR Martin

Martin Laengle said:
Hi Fabrizio,

I was in contact with the IVAO staff last year about this issue, their rules are very strict to register as VA.
AirChild has no CEO and you need to fly a lot of hours reguarly.
So I gave up, for me flight simulation is a game to have fun :D

But, you can register at IVAO and fly there, operate with AirChild callsign, that's possible.

BR Martin
thank you
I will and report if there any problem.
Ciao

This could be interesting for the pilots using IVAO:
ACH.png

More IVAO "status"-links can be found here:

OK, OK... :think: The pilots using VATSIM can use the next one as an example:

1152177.png

The used URL is:
Just change my VATSIM ID (1152177) by yours.

Back
Top Bottom