Proposition of on-line tutorial flight

Users Local time
Today 6:50 AM
Dear ACH pilots,

after succesful session last year, we come forward with a proposition of another tutorial on-line flight.

This offer is directed to all pilots who feel unsafe in the on-line environment or need a bit of encouragement and help with crossing the barrier between off-line flying and human ATC experience.

All the on-line pilots can probably acknowledge that once you walk across the bridge, you rarely look behind.

As last year, we will suggest a short on-line flight in Europe, from LOWS to EPWA. For this occasion we can arrange special dedicated air-traffic control who will look after all pilots, considering their little or no experience in on-line flying. They will controll but also help you if necessary, being aware of possible mistakes or lack of pilot's confidence in communication, shall this occur.

A new type of aid will be provided by an experienced pilot waiting on Teamspeak to help if needed.

Any pilots who would like to take the opportunity, are welcome. There are, however, some prerequisites. Pilots are required to be prepared with the basic knowledge necessary for on-line flying. It is published in the Documents section:

We will fly exactly as described in the tutorial, and follow the same route.
Please note that a pilot without basic background knowledge presented in this document, or other, similar, available on for example on VATSIM or VATEUD websites will not be able to follow and execute ATC instructions, and therefore complete the flight.

To organise the flight we need to know how many of you would like to join, we need at least 4 pilots for the event to take place. Then we can agree on the most convenient date and time and make neccessary arrangements with air traffic controllers.

So think about it. Flying "as real as it gets" has never been closer! Check what it looked like last year:

Please respond if you decide to take part or have any questions.

:hi:

Sounds nice :)

Being in a rut kills with same precision as being novice in flying.
Gladly will listen about my mistakes in air during some flight with no offence and full feedback from ATC.

On other hand i don't like EPWA, not only because scenery is not working 100% ok in XPL.

Goot to have you in, Szymon.

Unfortunately I'd rather keep EPWA as destination, for two reasons:
1) It is pretty described in the flight tutorial; and
2) It's much easier for me to organise ATC in Poland for you.
:hi:

Yeah...

And i always have in mind, that with something that You don't like You need to get used to. Or fight with Yourself... Same as with arachnofobia... Only cure for that is... meeting with spiders in controlled enviroment :)

Biggest problem with mine XPL and EPWA is that i need to change one option in prefs to have RWY on EPWA aligned with ground, on other case i have some TWY and all RWY elements 20ft above ground. But aligning that rinways to ground makes some other airports more or less unusable.

"BUT" (for this time) i have not checked newest EPWA scenery with RWY during reconstruction (download from pl-vacc forum) and i heard that that scenery is quite complex, including terminals and other details...

So if i will have time, i would fly. Currently i grab my plane and get back to europe from TNCM :)

Rafal Bardel said:
All the on-line pilots can probably acknowledge that once you walk across the bridge, you rarely look behind.

Come on guys. It's all for free, and it's for you. I'm flying online since 1999 and I never want to fly offline.
Rafal Bardel said:
A new type of aid will be provided by an experienced pilot waiting on Teamspeak to help if needed.

Rafal, count on me, wherever you need me!

Norbert

Back
Top Bottom