XPL crash after losing net

Users Local time
Today 9:57 AM
Blah, my net makes me crazy.

After moving to this new apartment i cant establish good connection, have way too much losing net. Two main bad things are connected with that.

1. I cant connect do xacars serv to get flight data and send my live flight data.
2. Every time, when my comp loses connection my xpl 9.60rc2 turns off without warning. Same problem was before downloading lastest patch, so that is problem with bigger backpack.

My ideas about 2nd resloving are:
1. turn off all plugins (xacars, xsquawkbox) and test if xpl still crashes (including [and not] real world weather)
2. disable all addons (sceneries, planes) and try as above
3. test pure xpl with default settings about that stuff.
4. i'm considering reinstall of fs9 with addons to get better gfx, framerates to fly with up to time after buying new, more powerfull comp for xpl - that may end with getting comp adequate to run xpl10 and/or fsx. For now i run midlow details in xpl9 OR low details for FSX OR max details (not with active sky) in FS9.

Any suggestions? My testiong about 1 and 2 from above list will begin probably this week.

OK. My poor comp will not be upgraded very soon, so currently best idea is to return to FS9 with some addons like as/gex, will work better than xpl in FPS rate, and will look simmilar, because it run in max details in oposition to xp9 with mid/min... Just now need to reinstall all my fs stuff and downgrade nvidia drivers to get AA work correctly with nhancer.

Lets begin from end.

FSX i've tried, but need much optimisation to work on accepted level, and in all options it's almost impossible to fly when i have more than 5-6 airplanes in neighborhood, so most events will cause too_bad_fps. FSX compared to XP9 is on XP side on my configuration, even after including lower texture details in XP for better FPS.

And because i'm lazy person... here is my dxdiag report (with some lines erased to save space):

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/23/2010, 07:48:17
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: Polish (Regional Setting: Polish)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P35-DS3L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 678MB used, 6214MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: ViewSonic PT775
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9621 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Plans are to get second and/or third monitor running as instrument panel from glass cockpit (ND/PFD/FMC) - so that will decrease FPS even more.

Szymon Kurzacz said:
FSX i've tried, but need much optimisation to work on accepted level,
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)

I see what you mean, I have

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

but it is running at 3.16GHz, and I still struggle to get any good frame rate if I want the scenery to look even half decent.

Back
Top Bottom