Oops!

Users Local time
Today 1:29 PM
After my late night flight (finished at 4:10 am) I accidently hit "SEND" on xacars instead of save, and sent a FSPAX report too :oops:

Both reports appear on the PIREPS :oops:

Also, why is the xacars report giving a distance of 400 nm when the flight is actually 2,200 :think:

Pierre-Nicolas Roy said:
why is the xacars report giving a distance of 400 nm when the flight is actually 2,200 :think:
It's a common problem with XAcars (and sometimes the people who use it). Has been mentioned here a couple of times (i.e. in ).

XAcars has no distance value in the report data, only in the data of the live stream. We buffer this data and add it to pirep data when the report is sent. However, if the online connection is broken during your flight and there's no more live transmission, the distance value will be that of the last transmission. If the pilot is offline during the flight, there will be no distance at all :|
We are waiting for a new XAcars version this year, where the missing distance data will hopefully be included.

As for your duplicate report, you should be able to delete it, if logged in. Try and tell me, in case something goes wrong :)

Peter,

In the Xacars script, can you not write something were if the reported distance is less than the direct distance between the two airports, then display the direct distance? I know it won't be totally accurate, but it will be closer than if xacars lost connection have way through the flight.

With my extensive php knowledge, I have written the code for you..
Code:
<i>
</i><php
IF $recorded_dist < $direct_dist
PRINT $direct_dist
ELSE PRINT $recorded_dist
?>

Easy peasy :think:

Code:
<i>
</i>if (wrong_distance == true) {
      do: something useful;
} else {
      end program;
      call function 'drink beer';
}

As always, your suggestion is smart & useful. Will be done (soon *cough*).
Thanks man!
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom