Live Watch

Users Local time
Today 11:36 PM
Greetings...seems that there might be something wrong with Live Watch, at least for me. I can see the active flights, including my own, on the right hand side of the map. I cannot see anything on the map :?: When I click on the active flight the map seems to center on the flight but nothing is visible.

IE8
WIN7-64
FSAcars

Alex, I just tried it, and it was slow on my first try (with FFox), but finally rendered ok. I tried again, and it was fast. I tried another browser, and it was fast, again ;)
Don't think it's browser related, though.

Temporary "hickups" can occur when the server is busy with many requests at that moment. The rendering of the flight coordinates involves some requests to different database tables, plus the checks for Vatsim and Ivao.
I only recently included Ivao checks for testing. The procedure is not as effective as the one we use for Vatsim. We can only read the entire IVAO (whazzup) list of currently active pilots and check if a specific ID and ACH callsign are included. This takes considerably more time than the Vatsim checks, and it's performed with each map refresh (every 30 seconds). So maybe this slows things down a bit.
The final version of IVAO checks may be more optimized. At least I hope so ;)

Back
Top Bottom