Disappointed? Look Here :)

Christopher Bennett

Administrator
Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 2:54 AM
@everyone that is disappointed or unhappy here please feel free to speak up and tell us if you wish to remain a member or not. I have absolutely no Problem with anyone wanting to leave.

We took over the Airline in February, and since then I have spent most if not all of my free time Updating things and working on a new Flight Operations Center. I am not going to dig too much into the code of Peter and Norbert since it is:
  • very old
  • largely undocumented
  • not able to use current technologies such as newer versions of PHP, MySQL etc.

When we took over management of the airline Peter, Norbert, Christian and myself decided that it is probably best to re-write the entire website and focus on that.

That is what I have been doing, however this does not happen over night, nor do I have 24/7/365 to code. I do work and have a family that requires my attention and time.

I also requested anyone interested in helping to step forward and talk to us .. thus far out of all the members only 3 have done that.
I am a bit disappointed at this, had i known of the lack of interest in actually doing some good for children around the world by way of our hobby I would have said ... oh well let air-child.com close as Peter and Norbert had planned if they could not find any one to take over.

Five months have passed since we took over management and the Staff team still is only comprised of 7 people. I would really like that to increase but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I will leave you with a few screenshots of what is in the works
[imgpop]https://i.imgur.com/73MpnzD.png[/imgpop]
[imgpop]https://i.imgur.com/jZhm9Dy.png[/imgpop]

Mind you this is a work in Progress.

I will post updates concerning the development as things progress and are worthy of showing.

Yeah, looks good. A lot more info on the flight plan.

If I understand correctly, those empty fields on top will be the essential data you fill out in FSX? Like the top left column of the old plan? So, if you're a seat of the pants regional pilot that's all you need, right?
When we took over management of the airline Peter, Norbert, Christian and myself decided that it is probably best to re-write the entire website and focus on that.
Although the old site is like a good friend to me it's probably the wisest decision. With all these virtual attacks around it's also not good to keep using ancient software.

Is this based on existing software or all custom made?
I have absolutely no Problem with anyone wanting to leave.
Indeed, better than all the complaining.
the Staff team still is only comprised of 7 people
I think members should take this into account before complaining about stuff. There's only so much a few people can do...

It is an all custom coded system ... once i get the fleet transferred into it I will be looking for beta testers ... i sure hope there is a better response to that than there was for staff positions.

Hi Chris,

How are things going? Anything I can help you with?

One question concerning the new booking module: will it permit stop-over planning, at least for the charter section? Being able to plan and fly multi leg rotations without having to re-book the aircraft in between would really be cool...

Blue skies
Jesco

Hey Jesco,

Not really anything you can help with at the moment. I should, however, be needing some help testing the system in the near future and will get back to you on that.

Multi-Leg, as well as Registration based bookings, are possible however only for Flights based on the Flight Schedule. For Charter, you will have to plan each flight separately.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. I will gladly help testing (I'm good at breaking things :wink:). OK for the multi-leg, was just asking as when using ACH in combination with FSE, usually you go multi-leg, and have to plan each leg in ACH separately (except you abuse it and use different planes in ACH for the legs, then you can plan several in parallel).

Hi Chris & Staff member,

well, I really appreciate your work the last months and I'm sure the "new" Airchild will be great.
But, I really understand sometimes your dissappointment too about the low interest or help from the members.

I work in an IT departement, but I have no knowledge about programming. It's more than 25 years ago I did such things. Because of family, job, my PPL(A) licence I also have very little time in summer or when it's VFR weather :)
What I can offer is testing new software if needed during winter time.

Thx

Hi Chris,

I think we all really appreciate your and the other staffs work for Air-Child. That said, I'm really looking forward to see what you and the staff are up to with the new website. Unfortunately I don't think I'm able to be of any big help, when it comes to programing or so, but If you need someone to "break" your new software - well, I'm sure the one - I'm really good at finding bugs ;-) - just gimme a shout when you need some help on that.

Otherwise I really want to thank you and all the others who keep this Airline afloat and running.

regards
Richard

Back
Top Bottom