Calendar

Users Local time
Today 9:33 PM
i saw that we have some events of VATSIM of our website. It would be cool if we can ente it to the calender of our website. The calender would be empty since long time...

Possibly option to add events for everyone... Moderated in some kind (less spam) and/or for pilots above specified level, like senior officer+

We could enter then our private events like "lets (group) fly to XXXX on monday 31st february 2012" or some series of world tour or other flying events of personal use, not only vatsim but also ivao and private multiplayer sessions (xpl rox).

Calendar may held also some anniversary autoupdated informations like XXX anniversary of our SCEL hub opening or 101 birthday of ACH Pilot, or even some kind of xxx anniversary of first flight of specified airplane or specified historic person, including our "sponsors" and unicef ambassadors...

Very good ideas, Andreas and Szymon. I talked to Norbert about Andreas' suggestion and the only question was, which Vatsim events to display and which not. Because we could never include all the events.

That's why I like Szymon's idea to make this accessible to members and controlled by a moderator. What we'd need to do:
- change the calendar scripts a little to add more flexibility and provide data editing functions
- find a reliable moderator, because Norbert and I can't take any more tasks at the moment

Andreas, Szymon - if one of you (or both) would like to manage this, you'd be the first for it. Otherwise we would ask a few more people.
We could enter then our private events like "lets (group) fly to XXXX on monday 31st february 2012" or some series of world tour or other flying events of personal use, not only vatsim but also ivao and private multiplayer sessions (xpl rox).
Calendar may held also some anniversary autoupdated informations like XXX anniversary of our SCEL hub opening or 101 birthday of ACH Pilot, or even some kind of xxx anniversary of first flight of specified airplane or specified historic person, including our "sponsors" and unicef ambassadors...
Great ideas! Keep them coming ;)

Yess! Thank you Szymon! And I can tell you that this job will not begin very soon, because we first need the environment (administration for you and an editing form for everyone).
As you know the pace of my programming you will probably not be on duty before ... uh, christmas :lol:
But I promise to keep you updated.

That's as i tought of... :p

Anyway i dont think i'll make much flights up to that time... But there is still my silent goal to fly at least 365 flights in year...

Back
Top Bottom