On-Line Vatsim or Ivao

Users Local time
Today 11:18 PM
Hi fellow pilots,

Personally I nearly fly all my time on Vatsim,have done so all my flight hrs , Ihave made from the beginning :D .

Of course it,s nice to have a Company on-line watchwindow,however if we really want to make an impression on the outside FS world for Airchild and it,s cause for Unicef,real on-line flying is THE method,I would think 8) .

More than once when flying about I,m approached by someone curious about ACH,especially fun when talking on-line :lol:

I allways look around for any other ACH being on-line,but those cases are few and far in between :wink: even at times when there are 3 or more flights on the ACH Live watch.

On-line flying is nothing to be scared of,on the contrary,it enhances the hobby a whole lot :D

There is no requirement at Airchild to fly on-line, but I can whole-heartedly recomment to do so,
hope to see you all up there.

Hello Jan,

I agree 100 %. I'm flying online since ten years now and I have to say that this is the greatest adventure you can have in the net. And maybe you wonder now, why there are no more instructions on how to fly online in th newest PILOT MANUAL. The answer is easy: We have written an own ONLINE PILOT MANUAL wich we will present in the next days.

Flying online is allways a plesure, and as Jan have said:
On-line flying is nothing to be scared of,on the contrary,it enhances the hobby a whole lot :D

There is nothing more truth, than this.

Norbert Woeller said:

There is nothing more truth, than this.

Not scary? I'm scared just at the thought of it :LOL:
Though saying that, I like the idea of it, so may install the software and go and have a sit and watch at an airport at some point.

Speaking into the pc though, bit embarrassing :oops: though i know you can type. If you type, do you get a types reply or a spoken reply?

Speaking into the pc though, bit embarrassing :oops: though i know you can type. If you type, do you get a types reply or a spoken reply?

Andrew, if you file a plan to VATSIM, you have the choice of
Full Voice
Receive Only
Text Only

But... Full voice is much, much, much more realistic and much, much, more funy.
If you want, we both can fly online together. The same flight and the same route. I will fly infront of you, so you will hear all controller info that you will get a little bit later. Or ask Jan. He has also much online expirience. Or Norbert, or Renè, or..... :wink:
DO IT!!!

Yah,

Because there are several ways to do this on-line as Norbert allready stated, and we have several real experienced pilots in our mids ,that have considerable,skills!

Why? they have besides their pilot-ATC time,considerable knowledge and experiencience as Airtraffic-Controller themselves. :clap:

ACH0010 Robert-Jan Oosterloo and ACH0052 Torben Andersen!! :D

Perhaps these two friends would not mind to set up a little session for Airchild to take away some of the
hesitance :oops: in the use of ATC,like I said earlier; it makes your hobby so much more realistic.

Good luck friends.

A good idea Jan. I will ask Robert-Jan, our Online Manager. Maybe he has an idea, how to manage such an event.

B.t.w: I remember a group flight Jan, at a time we are all flying for ESA. I think it was your 1000 flight for ESA. We all flown from Catania to Copenhagen. Torben has controlled Copenhagen, and you have had some beers in your aircraft for the party in EKCH.

I think, if we will make such an event, the newbys have to pay the beer. Andrew, take your wonderfull painted 744 Cargo for that flight :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gents,

you can test YOUR SKILLS every Wednesday inside/from/to AUSTRIA ... :wonder: :wonder: :wonder: :wonder: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just as a small reminder that Europe does consist of more than... ahhh well, aren`t we all Europeans 8) :)

more info and charts: http://www.vacc-austria.org 8)

VATSIM controllers & ACH-pilots en-masse in LOVV_airspace :clap:

I will be online and flying from Vienna next Wednesday, 18.02.2009. Take off about 20:00 local (19:00 UTC) But I will be online one hour befor, 19:00 local (18:00 UTC). If everyone want to fly with me, let me know. Newbies are very welcome. (Andrew, you have to be there :wink: ). I will be also online at our Teamspeak Server. So it's easy to answer your questions.
The Destination is up to you. Let me know.

Best Regards
Norbert

Jan Vilijn said:
Yah,

Perhaps these two friends would not mind to set up a little session for Airchild to take away some of the
hesitance :oops: in the use of ATC,like I said earlier; it makes your hobby so much more realistic.

Good luck friends.

YES I would love to see that happening....
I too find a bit daunting to go online, but really want to learn it. I'll try at least to be on the apron to listen in to the conversations.

Jeroen

No problem in setting up an event for Airchild in Denmark. And/or we could meet on Teamspeak and chat it all over. Loooong time ago I wrote a sort of essay on this, which you can find at
http://users.cybercity.dk/~bcr4637/myway_11.pdf

An allthough it is a bit outdated (and related to another VA) you might still find it usefull :?:

torben

I will probably be there, but won't however be flying. Like jeroem, I will just sit on the apron and watch/listen.

I sat at LOWW a few days ago, watch some dude take off using text only, which seemed ok, but the others, I could hardly understand a word anyone was saying :dizzy: :lol:

Andrew Williams said:
I will probably be there, but won't however be flying. Like jeroem, I will just sit on the apron and watch/listen.

I sat at LOWW a few days ago, watch some dude take off using text only, which seemed ok, but the others, I could hardly understand a word anyone was saying :dizzy: :lol:

OK, let us see what will happen. Maybe after one hour of listning you want to fly. If not, no problem.

Ha, ha. Yes, it seams that some controllers (and pilots too) want to be a champion in quick speaking :mrgreen: But you will see, it's only phrasologie. If you have done some flights, you will know what the controller have told you. And if not, you only have to say: "Say again please" :wink:

Norbert Woeller said:
Take off about 20:00 local (19:00 UTC)

So that is 19.00 my time right? :wonder:
I will be also online at our Teamspeak Server. So it's easy to answer your questions.

i don't have a mic, and don't even have a clue what teamspeak is :lol: I don't think your allowed to 'chat' on VATSIM so i'll just have to watch and listen :)

Have you chose a destination? as once you have left Vienna, I will jump to your destination airport.

What channel do I want to be on when I join? Vienna Tower? :dizzy:

Where do we want to fly today? I have take a look into Eurobook. Cologne is stuffed with Tower and Approach Controller, Manchester too. Flight duration: Vienna - Cologne 1:20, Vienna - Manchester 2:20. My suggestion: We will fly to Cologne. The flight duration isn't too long, so we have time to talk befor and after the flight, about anything, problems or whatever. And if we are at EDDK and you say: "YES, that's it" we will fly from Cologne to Manchester as well :wink:

I've just been online, and notice there is a 'private chat' in the options, so i can give you a shout via text if need be :)

Cologne should be fine for your flight tonight. :p

Maybe some links would help Jeroen (and any other newbie like myself).

Both needed before you can connect online :)

Andrew Williams said:
Norbert Woeller said:
Take off about 20:00 local (19:00 UTC)

So that is 19.00 my time right? :wonder:
I will be also online at our Teamspeak Server. So it's easy to answer your questions.

i don't have a mic, and don't even have a clue what teamspeak is :lol: I don't think your allowed to 'chat' on VATSIM so i'll just have to watch and listen :)

Have you chose a destination? as once you have left Vienna, I will jump to your destination airport.

What channel do I want to be on when I join? Vienna Tower? :dizzy:

Yes 19:00 your time.
You don't have a passport, and you don't have a mic! How can you live? :mrgreen:
Yes we can chat. If you have installed SquawkBox, click on "Start/Chat" and typ in the Callsign you want to chat. Mine will be ACH1387.
A good way to find callsigns is to use ServInfo. You will get it here: http://avsim.com/hangar/utils/servinfo/home.htm.
After you have installed ServInfo, run it and click on the "All Pilots" Tab, to see who is online. In ServInfo you also will see wich Controllers are online. On the top left you will find three buttons. "VATSIM" will give you all information about the current traffic (Controllers and pilots). "IVAO" isn't work anymore in ServInfo. The third button is changeable. Click to find "EUROBOCK". Click on the "EUROBOCK" Button to see the forcast of the controller traffic for the next days. On the buttom you can select the day you are looking for. Very usefull if you plan to fly online.
Click on the "VATSIM" Button again. If you hold the mouse over a controller icon, you will get a little information screen, including the controller frequency. It's not so bad to write down the frequencies you are using, before you take off. For example: Today in Vienna there will be online: GROUND, TOWER, APPROACH and CENTER. First we have to switch to GROUND. GROUND then will handover us to TOWER, TOWER will hondover us to APPROACH and APPROACH to CENTER. If you want to follow us, you have to switch to the frequency where we are current.

Any more questions? Go ahead...

.. and better be "sharp" when being handed off from LOWW_APP to LOVV_CTR, cause thats me you are going to talk to :clap: :clap: :clap:

ps: might want to check into your "snow-gear" as its been snowing here lately... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom