Supersonic Air-Child Concorde

Users Local time
Tomorrow 12:23 AM
Concorde from Wikipedia -
Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde is a retired turbojet-powered supersonic passenger airliner or supersonic transport (SST). It is one of only two SSTs to have entered commercial service; the other was the Tupolev Tu-144. Concorde was jointly developed and produced by Aérospatiale and the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC) under an Anglo-French treaty. First flown in 1969, Concorde entered service in 1976 and continued commercial flights for 27 years.
Among other destinations, Concorde flew regular transatlantic flights from London Heathrow and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport to New York JFK and Washington Dulles; it profitably flew these routes in less than half the time of other airliners. With only 20 aircraft built, the development of Concorde was a substantial economic loss; Air France and British Airways also received considerable government subsidies to purchase them. Concorde was retired in 2003 due to a general downturn in the aviation industry after the type's only crash in 2000, the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 and a decision by Airbus, the successor firm of Aerospatiale and BAC, to discontinue maintenance support.
Concorde's name reflects the development agreement between the United Kingdom and France. In the UK, any or all of the type—unusual for an aircraft—are known simply as "Concorde", without an article. The aircraft is regarded by many people as an aviation icon and an engineering marvel.

This plane was very special - so special that even in flight simulation pilots have to plan and fly very different to other non supersonic flights. For those of you who are interested in operating this plane Pierre Chassang, who is a member of Air-Child from the beginning, designed a flight bag with special documents and small applications which will help you to plan and operate a supersonic flight.

With Pierre´s Concorde Performance System for FlightSimLabs Concorde X. You have to build a route with any flight planner and add it to this software to calculate all what is needed to fly the Concorde. Download: password: Unicef

If you want to know more about the Concorde Performance System please see This blog is in french and english language. If you still have questions please contact Pierre or ask in the forum. Pierre will help you with his knowledge about operating the Concorde in transatlantic supersonic flights.

Hello dear Concorde Fans,

As you can read above Air-child begin Concorde exploitation.
Concorde being a very special aircraft, you can't use the Flight plan calculated and proposed by Air-Child.

But you can use the software I've developed to obtain fuel, take-off and landing performance for that "Bird".

Please, don't hesitate to contact me for any question either directly here in this topic or on the CPS support mail: support.cps@bbox.fr

Happy landings
Pierre ;)

Hello,

I found one excellent instructional video which may help us to learn about Concorde X:
This video is maked by Avsim member MarkW, it is a complete flight KJFK - EGLL with all procedures, ATC and cheecklists. It's about 1h and 40min. I would like to thank Mark for all the time and effort that he put's into this.

I find this bird more chalenging and harder to learn than Leo Maddog and PMDG aircrafts.

Video is reviewed and approved for use by Pierre, with the amendment that we still have to read the manuals - becouse Concorde is a very different and special plane, like no other :yes:

last time when i checked, no. It was anunced, but canceled. However, when i go to fsx to select concorde, i see that i have Captain and FO panels. I'll check that again.

For now i know that Maddog has the best shared cockpit, and DA Fokker(never tried this feature on this plane)

Hi Captains,

Unfortunately not. :(

This feature was promised by FSLabs but they never did it.

May be in future SP?

Cheers
Pierre

Hi,

Unfortunately not yet. :(
If anyone could make one it should be great.

Cheers
Pierre ;)

Hi to all,this is very nice reading about concorde

http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/423988-c ... ion-4.html

Hi Petr,

Thanks for sharing this great link. :up:

Cheers
Pierre ;)

I am glad you like it . The forum is more or less attend by real pilots so great source of info very much on everything . Just a little search through out the forum and one find valuable info how it is working in real world of flying without speculating or just guessing . Cheers Petr

Hi Markus,

I have no FS9 livery.
As said above If one of you would create one, it should be appreciated.

Cheers
Pierre

Hi Pierre,

sorry, I ment what addon for FS9 for the Concorde would be the best to buy.
I don't own any until now in my hangar.

Markus Ristl said:
Hi Pierre,

sorry, I ment what addon for FS9 for the Concorde would be the best to buy.
I don't own any until now in my hangar.

From what i know, this one:

I don't have it becouse i use FSX now, but it was recommended by some serious simmers, and it looks pretty good to me.
Maybe Pierre or someone else know something more about it?

BTW, here is review:

Hi Markus,

Sorry, I miss understood your message.

As says Zeljko, the best one for FS9 is SSTSIM with no one doubt.
There is PSS Concorde too, having nice graphics, but flight model is very poor comparing with SSTSIM.

My software (CPS) works with both SSTSIM and Concorde X.

Hope this help

Cheers
Pierre ;)

The SSTSIM Concorde is very good, I had it in fs9, but now fly FSX so don't use it anymore (I use the FSLABS version)

Hello Gents,

Sorry for very late reply. :oops:
For FS9, The best product to have is SSTSIM in terms of realism or PSS in terms of graphics depending of what you need.

SSTSIM is the "father" of Concorde X from FSLabs.

With it, you'll be able to use my software "Concorde Performance System" to plan with realism, your future flights.

Hope this help
Cheers
Pierre ;)

Hi Pierre and other Concorde pilots,
I bought the FSLabs Concorde and now I ask myself if anyone can dial the NAV frequencies with hardware or with keyboard. I am using different hard and software like LINDA, SAITEK, PFC, FSUIPC, GOFLIGHT, VRINSIGHT MCP COMBO PANEL. Till now I found no possibillity to dial the frequencies with hardware or keystroke! Maybe you kno more.
Cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom