ipc.control(66587,75090)
            ipc.sleep(400)
        ipc.control(66587,75092)
            ipc.sleep (400)
        ipc.control (66587, 75094)
          ipc.sleep (400)
        ipc.control (66587, 75096)
        if ipc.readLvar("VC_Ovh_AntiIce_Eng_1")
        and ipc.readLvar("VC_Ovh_AntiIce_Eng_2")
        and ipc.readLvar("VC_Ovh_AntiIce_Eng_3")
        and ipc.readLvar("VC_Ovh_AntiIce_Eng_4") == 10 then
            DspShow ("EICE", "ON")
else
            DspShow ("EICE", "OFF")
simply.

Tell me if working, please.

Concerning you latest post:
You have to prepare the flight with FSX OFF.
Then when ready, you load the data, save the route if needed and close CPS.

Then launch FSX with Concorde X in "cold and dark" or better "Concorde x preliminary".
Now open FSLabs menu / Options, Fuel Load tab.
There select CPS preset fuel load in the list.
Open Aircraft Load tab. Here select CPS preset load click "Apply".
Finally click OK to close the window.

Concorde id fuelled and loaded as CPS planned.

Tell if any problem

Cheers
Pierre

Pierre Chassang said:
Concerning you latest post:
You have to prepare the flight with FSX OFF.
Then when ready, you load the data, save the route if needed and close CPS.

Then launch FSX with Concorde X in "cold and dark" or better "Concorde x preliminary".
Now open FSLabs menu / Options, Fuel Load tab.
There select CPS preset fuel load in the list.
Open Aircraft Load tab. Here select CPS preset load click "Apply".
Finally click OK to close the window.

Concorde id fuelled and loaded as CPS planned.

Tell if any problem

Cheers
Pierre

Thnx Pierre,
I did not got it through the manual - I do not know why…:-(
Cheers Tom

Hi,

As I said, the manual is outdated and I'm preparing a new one.
Is working well now?

Cheers
Pierre

Pierre Chassang said:
Hi,

As I said, the manual is outdated and I'm preparing a new one.
Is working well now?

Cheers
Pierre

Yes thnx Pierre. Unfortunately I had a CTD when I opened the CPS descent planner - it was already open and it tried to load a scenod one - pfff - crash :-( FSX... :x
Tomorrow is another day..
Cheers Tom

ps. do you think it is possible that you change this, that it is not possible to open a second descent planner - or to get a warning - but to be clear you never know if really CPS caused the CTD

You know what would be great - if there is a possibillity to set the bugs for start and land like it works with the original ConcordeX calculator...???

Hello Tom,
I will investigate to find and kill the bug if it is.
they are not two square millimeters of silicon that will make the law! :devil:

Concerning the anemometer bugs settings, it is not possible yet because of the Concorde X limitations.
Andrew told me he'll modify some things to make it possible after A320 release.

Cheers
Pierre

Hi,

Did you try using the CFM and CDC from CPS folder instead of from FSX menu?
If not, could do this and tell me if FSX crashes?

Thanks
Pierre ;)

Pierre Chassang said:
Hi,

Did you try using the CFM and CDC from CPS folder instead of from FSX menu?
If not, could do this and tell me if FSX crashes?

Thanks
Pierre ;)

Hi Pierre,
I choosed the Descent Calculater from FSX menu. Yesterday I finished the first flight without pausing or saving the status. I was shure only to openeü one descent calculator. Evrything worked fine from the tecnical site. But tell me the calculator does not include the decelaration to 350kts? As I am using the VFE I need round 25-30miles or more to decelarate before starting the descent. How do you calculate the decelaration before the actual descent. The VFE decelarete quite slowly.
The next 3 weeks I am in the mountaines for filmshooting. Maybe I am at home for the longer weekends. I do not know yet.
The Concorde is really an outstanding simulation. It never took me so long to finish a flight with satisfaction. There are some minus points for the ConcordeX. The textures are not very good, I do not like to open the 2D panels. In the time of Ezdok or Opus it is easy to change the 3D view all around the pit. But the VC is not working properly, espescially the flighteng. place is not working in the VC. Here the ConcordeX is really outdated. And the massive 2D panels are causing this well known OOM error as well - I can only use it without UTX and extra mesh data, even on big airports it goes to the edge. A big update would be necessary in my point of view. On the other hand it is clear that FSX is the most outdated software what I use in private and prof. life. Anyway if there are developers who deals with it in a cool way like PMDG or Majestic it is still to use with fun. We will see what comes from FSLabs with the A320.
Cheers Tom

Hi Tom,

The descent calculator takes into account the deceleration from M2.0 to descent speed which can be 325, 350, 380 kt (Data from Air-France). It also takes into account the temperature (Delta ISA) which is not the case for the FSLabs one.
Descent calculation is based on real life "AEROSPATIALE" tables.
During the tests, a retired real Concorde pilot named Béatrice Vialle (She performed his first Concorde flight on right place on a so sad September 11, 2001 from Paris to New-York) who's a friend of me helped me to obtain a good results. She told me my calculator was better than FSLabs one.

I totally agree with you to say Concorde X is still really bugged.
Béatrice came at home when I was Beta Tester on Concorde X and suggest many improvements FSLabs should do (only for flight features).
I transmitted them to developer team, but they wouldn't modify the model to accelerate the release.

Fortunately, in a first time, Philippe Gleize also beta tester has modified the .air file to improve the fuel burn. he and me have worked several week to obtain a quasi real life results. This was the SP2a. some time later, as users was not satisfied, and at CPS release, Andrew told me he is working on a SP3 which should be available after Airbus X release.

This SP should improve and correct some heavy bugs like fuel consumption with all engine stopped.(!)
Improvement in Autothrottles reaction to avoid overspeed and many other recommended by my Pilot friend.

I agree too with the poor quality of visuals for a Legendary aircraft with which I've worked in the real life for 4 years.

Have a nice trip and see you soon

Friendly
Pierre

Hi Pierre,
Thnx for your answer. With operating the ConcordeX I started to realize what kind of masterpiece this bird from the seventies really was. As a child I was really amazed by this plane and now this amazing comes back. I remember once in 1991, it was on my first movie I was on, we had a shooting in west of heathrow and suddenly the air starts rumbling ans roaring the noise becomes louder and louder, george my boss the sound eng. shouted: cut cut! And then we saw it, the concorde was coming. Our gaffer, who was working with a 18kw lamp, turned the lamp in the air and we saw this beauty in a bright light in the dark sky - everybody stopped working even the cool, wise and old DOP Gil Taylor looked in the sky and said: what a beast :D Then our 1st Ad took his megaphone: "Ok Ladies and Gentlemen the show is over. Please back to work everybody."

Do we have more people in ACH which are operating the Concorde? I was thinking about a round the world event with the concorde. I was thinking about the route we find here: I am not thinking to do it in 33hours, this would not be fun but one leg each week.
I know we have only 2 in the fleet - but this would be quite easy to add more for an event, just a thought.

Do you think there will be real improvements in the SP3, was the ConcordeX really a bestseller? To enjoy this plane there is a lot of reading and training necessary, very different from other planes and during the flight there is not a lot of time to relax (with VFE) and no time to relax (without VFE).
Cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom