Question regarding FSACARS reporting

Users Local time
Today 1:06 PM
Dear friends,

I've noticed for a few days that after sending a report log via FSACARS it returns a database error message and the report is not registered in ACH VA pireps. Before everything went fine.

By the book, I revoke the flight data by pressing VA Flight button, everything comes up as in my flight booking, flight logging starts, then finishes after flight ends, but when I try to send the log the "database error" message comes up. Any tricks I could apply ? :?

By the way, FSACARS shows my flight in the Live watch window on ACH website with all correct information regarding flight details ...

I've been using FS passenegers to report as well, this works with no problem but since I got a new yoke system it keeps punishing me severly for things I haven't done :p so I'm fed up with it :eek:uch:, so I'd rather use FSACARS for reporting flights.

Best regards to all,

Hi Rafal,
first of all: the problem you are having with FsAcars is not a new one. And you are not the first to have it (and, I'm afraid, not the last). The ACARS part of FsAcars is working fine, but there's some strange problems with the PIREP part. The most frequent problem is the one you had: every now and then the program fails to completely transmit the flight report (which is always sent in multiple parts; heaven knows why...)
I checked my log files and it was the case for your flight ACH7595 on July 22. The following line appears several times in the log:
Code:
[ERROR 22.07.09 23:27:43] PILOTACH0104 - Error writing report file - ACH010420090722220200.txt
and here's a part of the flight log received by the pirep script:
[2009/07/22 22:02:00]
Flight IATA:CH7595
Pilot Number:0104
Company ICAO:ACH
Aircraft Type:B737
PAX:151
Aircraft Registration:SP-RBA
Departing Airport: EDDS
Destination Airport: LOWW
(...........)
22:23 Fuel Weight: 5505 Kg
22:23 Flaps:3 at 160 Knots
22:23 Flaps:0 at 198 Knots[2009/07/22 22:02:00]
Flight IATA:CH7595
Pilot Number:0104
Company ICAO:ACH
Aircraft Type:B737
PAX:151
Aircraft Registration:SP-RBA
Departing Airport: EDDS
Destination Airport: LOWW
(..............)
In the red line you can see that instead of going on with flight data FsAcars sends the first part of the flight log again. It does that over and over, just until the script gives up and returns an error.
We had this during the beta tests a couple of times. Until today I couldn't find out if it's a bug in the add-on itself or in the pirep script. Fact is: there is a bug somewhere. If it is in the php script we may find it eventually and fix it (although I'm really losing hope). If it is in the add-on code there's nothing we can do about it. FsAcars is discontinued by its developper and the source code has never gone public.
The only thing I can think of is to completely rewrite the pirep script from scratch and try to find the bug that way. If we don't find that within a reasonable time it's possible that we have to say good bye to FsAcars sooner or later.

Since you also have FsPassengers I recommend you use that in the meantime. FsP is pretty much fail-proof. If you are annoyed by the unjustified penalty messages just turn off penalties in the "more_option.cfg". We don't check that anyway.

btw: Which yoke do you use? Is it part of a home cockpit or some common yoke like Saitek or CH?

Dear Peter,

thanks a lot for your kind reply. This explains a lot.
In the meantime I configured FS passengers manually in the more_options.cfg file to get read of unwanted unfair penalties.

The problem was the reverse thrust penalty. I have a brand new saitek pro flight system yoke and I'm still learning smooth landings (not so easy after using a joystick:)), and after I (hope) I solved a problem of in-flight self-discalibration, I got upset by penalties by FS passengers for reverse thrust penalty below 60 kts. I set up the throtlle both in FS2004 asnd FSUIPC, and the reverse assigned as F2 button = reverse on the throtlle set. Even thoughI pushed the throttle back to positive thrust position at 100 knots, I still got the penalty (the gauges - and sound - showed the reverse was switched off properly and by the book). That is the story.

So thanks for help again:)

I also use the Saitek flight controls and had the same problem with reverse thrust. It is difficult to calibrate. So I assigned reverse thrust to the switch below the throttle lever. As long as I push it I have reverse, and it stops when I release it. This works pretty good, also with FsPax ;)
If you have your controls assigned in both FS and Fsuipc I recommend to remove all FS assignments and use only Fsuipc.

Dear Peter, thanks for the reply.

So far I removed the penatly in the FSPax config file. After several hundred hours in the cockpit I use the reverser automatically upon touchdown and pull it back on '*80 knots" co-pilot advice anyway and to make it more real I'd rather have reverser on the throttle manette.

You are right, I have controler assignments in both FS and FSUIPC, will have to play round with it.

Best regards,

Rafal

Back
Top Bottom