Today 9:25 PM
New-York: The KJFK HUB is open.

We will start with two B737-700, two B737-800 and one B767-300:
N10BS (Beckie Scott)
N20LF (Laurence Fishburne)
N11JK (James Kiberd)
N21JC (Jane Curtin)
N12TL (Téa Leoni)

Many more flights with all other Air-Child aircrafts like the F100, A320, A321, ATR72 and so on, will come. But first we want to open the South America and Asia HUB. So please stand by.

Have fun flying in North America

Great! But US registered aircrafts usually don't have a dash between the N and the rest of the registration as far as I know ;)

cheers,
tobi

Tobias Niederhauser said:
But US registered aircrafts usually don't have a dash between the N and the rest of the registration as far as I know ;)

Ups, you are right. Asche über meine Haupt (Can't translate that ;) ) Will correct it!

New-York: First A320, N10SS (Sully Sullenberger) is ready for TakeOff.

It's the first time we not have named a plane after UNICEF ambassadors, authors of children’s books and characters taken from such books, or Beta Testers.
This plane is named after a great pilot. This pilot has saved the life of 155 people.
Have a look at flight ACH3554, KLGA-KCLT. Departure Time is 20:25 UTC (same as flight 1549 from the 15.01.2009) Hopefully you will find your way to Charlotte, and you don't have to water at the Hudson River.

Hi Folks!

I just joined today and went looking for a flight out of my HUB - KJFK. I did not find any (KJFK). I assume that is because there are no flights available to me as a "student" in North America (using the ATR-7 or the Dash-7). Is that true?

If that is true, will there be any flights added soon for students using those aircraft? I joined ACH thinking there were. I could "Charter" a flight I suppose, but I'm not that interested in that feature.

Thanks!

Murray

Murray, first of all: WELCOME TO AIR-CHILD

You can`t find a ATR or DASH, because we don`t have any at KJFK. That`s one thing on my ToDo list.

But now one of our philosophy here at Air-Child: Air-Child is and will be made by it`s members. We have allways open ears and eyes. So please tell me your favorite destinations (one will be Halifax, I`m shur ;) ) and it will be my plesure to add a ATR or DASH or both to KJFK.

Best Regards
Norbert

Hi Norbert!

I don't have any prefered routes out of KJFK in the ATR or DASH 7. It's just that as a "student" that is all I am allowed to fly (as you know). I realize you are based in Europe, and there are MANY great routes from/to locations there, so I suppose I am in the minority.

If you like, I could start work on some routes from/to KJFK. Could you give me some parameters to work with such as maximum distances for each airframe?

Halifax would be great to have as a destination. But, in the real world, no airline presently fly's to Halifax from New York in an ATR or Dash 7. American, Delta, United, Air Canada, and Continental have flights to and from Halifax and New York, but in Jets like the Embraer RJ135 and such.

Now, I realize that Air-Child is not a 'reality based" VA, but, I think it would be good to follow the "model" of a real airline in principle... if the "real" guys don't do it, there must be a good reason.

Just some thoughts I have. Please don't read anything into my comments (ever). I think Air-Child is a VERY well run VA. That's why I joined!

Anyway, let me know if you would like me to do some research, and then send you some route ideas for the KJFK Hub!

Thanks Norbert!

Murray

I decided to do some research for the fun of it! Here are a few flights I came up with using FlightAware. By using FlightAware, I was able to get actual departure times, routes, and flight levels. I then used used FSBuild to calulate Distance and Flight time. The actual flights are flown using a CRJ100. As I said above, no ATRs are used by airlines out of KJFK (that I could find anyway).

Take a look Norbert and let me know what you think! I have this info in a Word doc if you want it. Please note: Flight times shown do not include taxi time from/to the ramp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONTREAL - CYUL.. DISTANCE: 300 NM... FLIGHT TIME: I HR /15 MIN

ACH673 DEPART KJFK: 07:20

ROUTE: GREKI V419 JUDDS CAM J222 PLB FL220

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO - CYYZ... DISTANCE: 328 NM... FLIGHT TIME: I HR /20 MIN

ACH763 DEPART KJFK: 08:25

ROUTE: GAYEL J95 BUF V36 YYZ FL220

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHILADELPHIA - KPHL... DISTANCE: 119 NM... FLIGHT TIME: 0 HR /40 MIN

ACH665 DEPART KJFK: 07:50

ROUTE: DIXIE V16 CYN V16 VCN V184 OOD FL180

REAGAN - KDCA... DISTANCE: 250 NM... FLIGHT TIME: 1 HR /5 MIN

ACH657 DEPART KJFK: 09:00

ROUTE: WAVEY EMJAY J174 ZIZZI ATR085 ATR V308 LAFLN FL200

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CLEVELAND - KCLE... DISTANCE: 388 NM... FLIGHT TIME: I HR /35 MIN

ACH705 DEPART KJFK: 08:00

ROUTE: RBV ETX J60 DIMMO J60 PSB PSB292 YNG CXR FL220

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYRACUSE - KSYR... DISTANCE: 206 NM... FLIGHT TIME: 0 HR /55 MIN

ACH626 DEPART KJFK: 09:20

ROUTE: NEION J223 CORDS CFB V29 SYR FL200

Murray, thank you very much for your kind help, but I just have finished the shedule of a AT72, flying in the northeast of the USA and Canada. Tomorrow I will add the routes and then I will upload all to our TimeTable.

DOH! :lol:

I look forward to flying those new routes. I just happen to have the day off from work tomorrow (Friday). :clap:

Thanks Norbert!

Murray

Norbert, I see you added some flights out of CYUL. Is CYUL a new HUB? Any chance of adding some ATR flights to the KJFK HUB?

Thanks!

Murray

Back
Top Bottom